Old 13-06-2003, 07:37 PM
n0sPaM

Default Interlocking driveway sealant - NOT GLOSS enough?

Every year I seal my Interlock driveway with Home Depot sealant (highly
gloss), I did clean it with pressure washer beforehand. But the result
wasn't very satisfying - it's not gloss enough compared to my neighbor's
driveway. I guess they hired some professional guys to do that.

Wondering if it's because of Home depot's sealant (I think the brand name is
Bear? or sth like that) problem or there is something wrong with my
preparation procedure?

Also, how do I get rid of tire mark and rust? Can I use CLR (Calcium Lime
Rust)? is it dangerous to discolor the interlocking bricks?

Thanks for help.

Old 14-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Chet Hayes

What type of sealant is it? Water based? Solvent based? The solvent
based ones tend to look better and last longer. However due to
environmental regulations, you can't buy the solvent based ones in
some states, NJ being one of them. The contractor that did my patio
in stamped concrete used a solvent based one and it looked better than
my results with water based.

Old 14-06-2003, 04:32 PM
No Spam

I used the Beah solvent based, it is better than water based (I tried water
based the year before). But compared to neighbor's driveway, it is still
dull.

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
What type of sealant is it? Water based? Solvent based? The solvent
based ones tend to look better and last longer. However due to
environmental regulations, you can't buy the solvent based ones in
some states, NJ being one of them. The contractor that did my patio
in stamped concrete used a solvent based one and it looked better than
my results with water based.

ble.rogers.com...

Old 22-06-2003, 10:32 PM
FireBrick

Could it be Behr?????

Very well know paint/stain/sealer company.

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

I used the Beah solvent based, it is better than water based (I tried

water
based the year before). But compared to neighbor's driveway, it is still
dull.

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
What type of sealant is it? Water based? Solvent based? The solvent
based ones tend to look better and last longer. However due to
environmental regulations, you can't buy the solvent based ones in
some states, NJ being one of them. The contractor that did my patio
in stamped concrete used a solvent based one and it looked better than
my results with water based.

ble.rogers.com...