Old 20-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Peter H

Default Lawn weed.Pesky!!

"Dave Lovenjak" wrote in message
. ..
I have a pic of a lawn weed i am having problems getting rid of. It is
popping up in different spots each year, and weed killer does not do
anything.

Looks like field violet. Selective herbicides won't do the job, as you have
already discovered. You can either start digging or try dabbing pure,
undiluted roundup on the leaves with a Q-tip. I have to confess that I
haven't actually tried the roundup on this weed, but suspect it will work.
Perhaps someone else in this group has tried it.

Peter H

Old 20-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Carl e Roberts

looks like the dreaded wild violet.. depending on how big the lawn and
how many..try pulling these up by hand..not very deeply rooted and come
right out.. do a section a day and before long their numbers will dwindle

Dave Lovenjak wrote:

I have a pic of a lawn weed i am having problems getting rid of. It is
popping up in different spots each year, and weed killer does not do
anything.

[Image]

Old 21-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Sean

I am with Carl on this one....I have this wild violet in my lawn, also. I
have found that herbicide application will knock the tops out of the weed,
but has no effect on the root system. Pulling the tuber-like roots out by
hand is by far the best method. I have found that the more lush areas of my
zoysia lawn seem to crowd out the spread of the weed...I am only affected in
those areas that do not recieve sufficient light for healthy zoysia.

HTH,

Sean

Old 22-07-2003, 06:32 AM

"Sean" none wrote:
I am with Carl on this one....I have this wild violet in my lawn, also.
I have found that herbicide application will knock the tops out of the
weed, but has no effect on the root system. Pulling the tuber-like roots
out by hand is by far the best method. I have found that the more lush
areas of my zoysia lawn seem to crowd out the spread of the weed...I am
only affected in those areas that do not recieve sufficient light for
healthy zoysia.

Hell yea, that zoysia will bite your finger off if you leave
it there long enough.

--
GO# 40