Old 12-11-2003, 06:22 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default Final Results: It does work

I bought some pills for the dogs, and administered as directed, 4 for the
large dog 2x a day for the first 2 weeks, then 4 pills a day, and 3 for the
small dog, 2x a day for the first week then 3 pills a day, and I can
honestly say that I do NOT see any further grass burning than was there
originally before administering the pills.

Theres a total of about 8 or 10 burn spots, but nothing new anymore.

The stuff is called NatureVet Grass Saver.

Im stoked, though I do hate paying out the additional $15.00 a bottle
whenever I run out.

Now I just need to reseed the dead spots and have a really nice lawn again.

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
So I've moved to my new home and my land lady was gracious enough to put
down a sod lawn in the front yard which is really small, maybe 20'x20'.

But
I have two dogs and they have no where else to relieve themselves but on

the
lawn. It's only been like 6 days since they layed the sod and already I

can
see a couple patches of burn marks.

I went to the pet store, and they said the only thing is pills, but at
$16.00/200 pills and having to give the bigger dog 4 pills a day and the
smaller dog 3 pills a day, it's cost prohibitive.

I've tried going behind them when their down and soaking the area that

they
urinate on, but that hasnt seemed to help any yet, Im wondering if it's
because it's fresh sod, or if soaking the spots with water doesnt do any
good.

Any home remedies that can be given to the dogs to help with this?

Thanks,

---

---

Old 12-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Steveo

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote:
I bought some pills for the dogs, and administered as directed, 4 for the
large dog 2x a day for the first 2 weeks, then 4 pills a day, and 3 for
the small dog, 2x a day for the first week then 3 pills a day, and I can
honestly say that I do NOT see any further grass burning than was there
originally before administering the pills.

Theres a total of about 8 or 10 burn spots, but nothing new anymore.

The stuff is called NatureVet Grass Saver.

Im stoked, though I do hate paying out the additional $15.00 a bottle
whenever I run out.

Now I just need to reseed the dead spots and have a really nice lawn
again.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but did it coincide with the season
change? Also, I hope it's ok for the dog..
Old 16-11-2003, 01:32 PM
pat

I have also heard that adding cider vinegar to dogs diet will stop the
burn problem. Think it was in a yard book that talks about wierd ways
to solve problems like beer/slugs. If I remember it was not a lot per
cup of food maybe like a teaspoon

Old 18-11-2003, 02:42 AM
GamePlayer No. 1058

I dont think it was the season change since its pretty much the same season
right now as it was a month ago in my area of So. California.

My problem now is no longer the burn spots, but rather the damaged areas
that get too much water and when the dogs stand on their hind legs to look
over the fence they have basically killed all the grass in certain areas
because it was too wet.

I've told my landlady about this to have the gardners come over and see if
it's getting too much water for the area. Since this is a wooden fence that
surrounds the small front yard, it gets sun, but near the edges of the fence
it loses sun real early in the day and I dont think the drainage is proper
so it just sits totally wet all day in certain areas. So far I havnt heard
back from the gardners, but Ive taken it upon myself to manually turn the
sprinkler valve off every other day, since its programmed to come on each
morning for 10 minutes and this is too much for the drainage of the soil in
my yard. Although it doesnt run off, it soaks in, but it doesnt drain away
if that makes any sence.

Anyway, with my last home it didnt matter what season it was, the dogs burn
spots would be a year round event.

I've not noticed any adverse effects with the dogs, they are still
eliminating the same, still eating the same, same-o same-o. They go into
the vet next month for their checkup so I'll also have him do a urine, and
blood panel to make sure, but they are healthy and the lawn is staying green
(other than what I mentioned above).

Old 18-11-2003, 02:42 AM
GamePlayer No. 1058

I've also heard just recently from my brothers fiancee, that adding tomato
soup to a dogs food will also eliminate the burn spots, she swears by it, so
the common thing here between the cider vinegar and the tomato soup would be
the acid content I think.

om...

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Does overseeding work? [email protected] Lawns 15 01-06-2003 03:08 PM
How does UV filter really work? BenignVanilla Ponds 7 04-04-2003 03:32 PM
Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it? dp Gardening 7 12-02-2003 05:25 PM
Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it? Gary Woods United Kingdom 2 12-02-2003 11:54 AM