Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Jeffrey K. Judd

Default Dead spots in lawn

I had a new lawn and sprinkler system professionally installed in 1999.
Every year since 2002 there have been numerous dead spots everywhere. It
looks like it will be the same this year. I have always had a professional
landscaper take care of the fertilizer/weed killer/grub control
applications. (I usually apply starter fert. between his applications-this
was a tip from the lawn installation company). He has been unable to
explain why my grass dies.

The water from my point well has a lot of iron in it. The grass is Kentucky
Blue grass and was originally hydroseeded. My neighbor next door does not
have my lawns problem. His lawn/sprinklers were professionally installed in
'99 too, by a different company. His grass was from seed and his water is
city water; no iron.

Pictures can be seen at: http://www.outsourceparts.com/crappylawn (click on
the thumbnails for larger view)

-Is the iron a problem?

-Am I stressing the grass with the starter fertilizer?

-Good loam was added over my original lawn- I assume that is deep enough.

-I mow at 2.75" (1" lower for the last mowing)

What do you think the problem is?

North Carolina, clay, dead spots, moss, clover Mump Lawns 1 06-04-2005 03:21 PM
dead spots in lawn Don P Lawns 9 21-04-2004 07:05 PM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp Unique Too Roses 7 16-05-2003 04:08 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspppOOOTTTSSSS!!!!!! Roger Roses 6 12-05-2003 10:56 PM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk Radika Kesavan Roses 0 11-05-2003 04:44 PM