Old 20-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Registered User

Location: Québec, Canada
Question Bolens 2136

Just bought this bolens 2136 with the 12HP I/C engine. The guy that I bought it from had it work on by somebody that doesn't know anything on these machine. He install new blades and tire but didn't adjust it, so the blade are too low even on they high setting + its cutting more on one side. Anyone can help with adjusting the eight of the blade and leveling the cutting deck? I try but its not fine to me. There adjustement at the front of the deck, 2 on the side and also 2 under the seat ?!? where do I start ? whats the eight of the deck at low setting? Should the side wheel contact the grass when cutting? Please help!!!! Also if somebody know if I can install chipping blade?
Old 20-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Srgnt Bilko

Default Bolens 2136

--
ljannard

Sounds to me like they put the wrong blades on. Ya know, some are flat all
the way across and some are bent down on each end so they cut lower than
where they attach to the spindle.

Old 20-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Registered User

Location: Québec, Canada

I did check that, but the blade are flat. I wonder if there should be bend blade but upward! would that be possible?
Old 21-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Srgnt Bilko

"ljannard" wrote in message

I did check that, but the blade are flat. I wonder if there should be
bend blade but upward! would that be possible?

No - not a chance.

Old 21-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Registered User

Location: Québec, Canada

Would someone konw where on the net I could find some info on how to adjust the level and eight of the deck?

Old 21-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Srgnt Bilko

Have you tried the Bolens site ? I just bought a Troy-bilt tiller new
without paper work. Went to their site and found I could print out any
owners manual I wanted.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered User

Hello, I just got a Bolens 2136 a week ago. I've been on the internet for two days looking for info. Her part numbers are out of date. Their no longer in the records at Bolens customer care site. But I had the same problem as you with the deck. It was a hanger rod in the side toward the back. The deck had sliped off the hanger and was cutting the grass to low on that side. I hope this helps. By the way if you have a parts list or manual you could e-mail me I sure would be happy.

Bolens Model 1660 SteveJennifer About GardenBanter 0 30-06-2008 04:59 PM
Bolens Tractor Gary Smith Australia 3 28-06-2008 08:02 PM
Bolens in Australia Gary Smith Lawns 0 26-06-2008 02:30 PM
tech questions on my bolens riding mower WYRNUT Lawns 2 24-10-2005 03:31 PM
Bolens Steve Lawns 0 06-05-2003 05:44 PM