Old 18-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Ron Hagley

Default Kiwi Fruit

Hi,
I have a Kiwi plant about 5 years old. Which has made fruit for the first
time this year. It has hundreds of small, grape sized fruit which are
currently green. I know there are several Kiwi variants, this one has glossy
leaves rather than the usual hairy ones. Does anyone know whether the fruit
are edible?

Thanks

Ron

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned by AVG and is certified Virus Free.

Old 19-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Srgnt Bilko

We have (she has) Kiwi that we eat but I must admit I just help her prune,
weed, and build support - without paying attention to leaves. I'll try to
remember to check it out next time I am out to our "farm".

Old 23-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Srgnt Bilko

"Ron Hagley" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a Kiwi plant about 5 years old. Which has made fruit for the

first
time this year. It has hundreds of small, grape sized fruit which are
currently green. I know there are several Kiwi variants, this one has

glossy
leaves rather than the usual hairy ones. Does anyone know whether the

fruit
are edible?

Thanks

Ron

Ours have glossy leaves also - and small grren fruit slightly larger than
grape. We eat them when they get bigger.