Old 29-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Doug Kanter

Sorry I disturbed your sleep.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Suzy O

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Stubby" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Suzy O" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

And be sure to keep kids off the lawn for a couple of months.

Months? The typical broadleaf herbicide contains three ingredients:
dicamba, MCPP and 2,4-D. All the sources I've seen report that it's safe
enter a treated area after the product has dried. If you have other
information, please correct me.

Suzy, since these things cannot be properly tested for safety, I'd be
interested in knowing who all your sources were. Seriously. I'm
genuinely
interested.

The OP, however, asked how to get rid of the clover. So what do you
suggest
as an alternative? I'm all ears!! Sincerely.

I don't have an alternative. I was just telling you to be careful about
using your lawn for a period of time. Admittedly, the period of time I
suggested was a random choice, but absent any testing method you can
trust, hey....sometimes you have to guess.

Type "2,4-D" to Google. The first thing it found was http://www.24d.org/

Good site. But, the only way to reliably determine whether ANY substance
is
harmful to health is to feed it to the population in question, within the
limits of a controlled study, as is done with new medicines. So, these
products cannot be tested. Sorry.

From here, the Extension Toxicology Network (ExToxNet), it appears it has
been tested, including on humans: http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/24-D.htm.
This, by the way, is usually where I get my pesticide info.

Suzy O

Old 06-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Suzy O

wrote in message
oups.com...
"OK - Lysol. If you use that in a place where your kids are likely to
be
rolling around and making constant skin contact, like a lawn, you are
an
idiot and your kids should be taken away from you and placed in a home
with
parents who didn't take the short bus to school. "

So it's ok to spray lysol around inside the house, in confined places
like the bathroom, or in musty clothes closets, where its' typically
used, but not ok to use on the lawn. Glad you cleared that up for us.
At least now you recogize that there are a lot of products used in and
around the home that haven't been tested by feeding them to humans, as
you require to prove safety.

Regarding the short bus comment, most civilized people find remarks
like that directed at handicapped people offensive, but coming from
you, it's no surprise.

"And while we're at it, how old are you? Your age is crucial to this
discussion. "

Old enough to know a bigoted moron when I see one.

Aw, c'mon. Does proving one's point have to include snipping at each other?
I'm the first to admit that I enjoy wisecracks, sarcasm and snappy reparte
among close friends, but it doesn't work here.

Suzy O, self-appointed resident proxy mom

Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Suzy O

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Jo" wrote:
Lysol is a neurotoxin.

Is that a pre or post emergent?

Say what?

Suzy O

Old 06-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Doug Kanter

"Suzy O" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

Shhhh, Suzy. Let him sleep.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Doug Kanter

"Stubby" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Suzy O" wrote in message

[...]

From here, the Extension Toxicology Network (ExToxNet), it appears it has
been tested, including on humans: http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/24-D.htm.
This, by the way, is usually where I get my pesticide info.

Suzy O

Suzy, did you actually read the page?