Old 11-06-2005, 08:26 PM
raizn4kids

Default Mimosa...

I moved to my lot about seven years ago and had the property cleared. I
seeded w/ grass and kept the trees that I wanted. I have a barrier of pine
trees between me and my neighbor, with a few Holly trees in the mix. Last
year a volunteer Mimosa tree sprouted. I pulled up the small tree, and
thought, well, that is that...
WELL, that was NOT that. It has come back again, this year....WITH FRIENDS.
Many friends. I have pulled and cut back and they insist that this is their
new home. It is not that I don't like the tree, however, I am not crazy
about the mess that they make, you know, with the sap and all. The friends
are moving into my yard, now, too. What will work on these guys? Round up?
I have tried the "attach to hose and soak" method and it did not seem to
bother them a bit, except that I watered them. Use concentrate? Please
help.
T.I.A
Oh, if it makes a difference,
I live in SE NC about 2 hours North of SC
and 2 hours West of the Atlantic

Old 12-06-2005, 03:39 AM
Dick Adams

raizn4kids wrote:

I moved to my lot about seven years ago and had the property cleared. I
seeded w/ grass and kept the trees that I wanted. I have a barrier of pine
trees between me and my neighbor, with a few Holly trees in the mix. Last
year a volunteer Mimosa tree sprouted. I pulled up the small tree, and
thought, well, that is that...

My guess is there is a nearby tree whose seeds are being blown in your
direction. Why not call your county agent for advice?

Dick

Mimosa Tree Joyce Gardening 7 11-10-2011 12:43 PM
I am guilty of mimosa killing rosymosa United Kingdom 4 05-10-2011 12:07 PM
Mimosa Tree Peter Donovan Bonsai 1 13-09-2003 08:12 AM
Mimosa The Devil's Advocate United Kingdom 4 13-04-2003 09:20 PM
mimosa Derek Turner United Kingdom 0 29-10-2002 05:35 PM