Old 13-04-2003, 10:56 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Mimosa

Next door's Mimosa tree is full of flower. Is this early or has the sunny
winter and spring pushed it forward?

The Devil's Advocate I only set the stage, you pull your own strings

Old 13-04-2003, 07:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

I don't know what sort it is. I have tried the books and the internet. It is
about 20 possibly 25 feet high with what looks at the moment like white
bunches of grapes. We are in Plymouth

The Devil's Advocate I only set the stage, you pull your own strings

Sacha wrote:
: in article , The Devil's Advocate at
:
wrote on 13/4/03 10:44 am:
:
:: Next door's Mimosa tree is full of flower. Is this early or has the
:: sunny winter and spring pushed it forward?
::
:
: What type of Mimosa is it and where? Ours has flowered and gone over
: in S. Devon. (A. dealbata)

Old 13-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Pete The Gardener

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:27:50 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
wrote:

I don't know what sort it is. I have tried the books and the internet. It is
about 20 possibly 25 feet high with what looks at the moment like white
bunches of grapes. We are in Plymouth

That sounds like Robinia pseudoacacia, though I'd have said it was
rather early to be flowering. Does it have thorns on the smaller
branches?

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.

Mimosa Tree Joyce Gardening 7 11-10-2011 12:43 PM
I am guilty of mimosa killing rosymosa United Kingdom 4 05-10-2011 12:07 PM
possibility of growing a mimosa tree in the UK? Phil L United Kingdom 18 25-08-2004 09:32 PM
Mimosa Tree Peter Donovan Bonsai 1 13-09-2003 08:12 AM
mimosa Derek Turner United Kingdom 0 29-10-2002 05:35 PM