Old 19-06-2005, 10:45 PM
D.D. Palmer

Default Still No Tomatoes

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh. I have plants in pots, in EARTHBOXES
and in the ground. All the plants look VERY healthy and have flowered. But
no tomatoes. The flowers seem to not be setting. Even the ones I sprayed
with BLOSSOM SET stuff that someone recommended that I got at Lowe's. The
plants are about 3-4 feet tall yet I don't seem to even have 1 pea-sized
baby tomatoe. Anyone else in this area having problems? The weather WAS
weird....first too hot for a while then too cold. Nevertheless you would
think SOME would set. Maybe I planted too early (May 1st)....the plants will
be lopsided over the top by the time I get optimum weather for the blossoms
to fruit. Any comments/help here would be appreciated.

Old 20-06-2005, 01:01 AM

ive found here in ky , the cold may air can really stunt them
somewhat. if i put them out that early, and i did put mine out in early
april, i put a platic puptent over the row and closed the ends at night
and opened the end in the morning. ive had good red tomatoes for about
3 weeks now. i feel yours will just come on late. lucas

Old 20-06-2005, 05:33 AM
G Henslee

D.D. Palmer wrote:
Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh. I have plants in pots, in EARTHBOXES
and in the ground. All the plants look VERY healthy and have flowered. But
no tomatoes. The flowers seem to not be setting. Even the ones I sprayed
with BLOSSOM SET stuff that someone recommended that I got at Lowe's. The
plants are about 3-4 feet tall yet I don't seem to even have 1 pea-sized
baby tomatoe.

It's the cold. They'll come. Toldya to use sugar mixed with Miracle
Grow to set them blossoms...
Old 20-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Doug Kanter

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news
Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh. I have plants in pots, in EARTHBOXES
and in the ground. All the plants look VERY healthy and have flowered. But
no tomatoes. The flowers seem to not be setting. Even the ones I sprayed
with BLOSSOM SET stuff that someone recommended that I got at Lowe's. The
plants are about 3-4 feet tall yet I don't seem to even have 1 pea-sized
baby tomatoe. Anyone else in this area having problems? The weather WAS
weird....first too hot for a while then too cold. Nevertheless you would
think SOME would set. Maybe I planted too early (May 1st)....the plants
will be lopsided over the top by the time I get optimum weather for the
blossoms to fruit. Any comments/help here would be appreciated.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

Old 20-06-2005, 10:38 PM
G Henslee

Doug Kanter wrote:
"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news
Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Old 21-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Doug Kanter

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news
Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?

Old 21-06-2005, 05:21 PM
G Henslee

Doug Kanter wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?

Until they reproduce, they may as well be minerals. Ask the zucchini,
it'll tell you.
Old 21-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Doug Kanter

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?

Until they reproduce, they may as well be minerals. Ask the zucchini,
it'll tell you.

You've gotten yourself awfully upset over the word "being". What's YOUR
definition, if any?

Old 21-06-2005, 06:26 PM
G Henslee

Doug Kanter wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?

Until they reproduce, they may as well be minerals. Ask the zucchini,
it'll tell you.

You've gotten yourself awfully upset over the word "being". What's YOUR
definition, if any?

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. I see you're easily provoked.

Upset? Moi? Nah... I'd never let you 'squash' my joy.

Go read a magazine. :-)
Old 21-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Doug Kanter

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?

Until they reproduce, they may as well be minerals. Ask the zucchini,
it'll tell you.

You've gotten yourself awfully upset over the word "being". What's YOUR
definition, if any?

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. I see you're easily provoked.

Upset? Moi? Nah... I'd never let you 'squash' my joy.

Go read a magazine. :-)

Nah...that's OK. You started this childish nonsense. Explain your issue with
the word "being". Offer a substitute word. Do *something* to justify your
presence.

Old 21-06-2005, 07:39 PM
G Henslee

Doug Kanter wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh.

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're
talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?

Until they reproduce, they may as well be minerals. Ask the zucchini,
it'll tell you.

You've gotten yourself awfully upset over the word "being". What's YOUR
definition, if any?

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. I see you're easily provoked.

Upset? Moi? Nah... I'd never let you 'squash' my joy.

Go read a magazine. :-)

Nah...that's OK. Do *something* to justify your
presence.

Nah...that's OK. I'm through *poking you*.

Pfft...

Old 22-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Doug Kanter

"Stubby" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"D.D. Palmer" wrote in message
news
[...]

Oh no. I've been plonked. Life as I know it has ended.

Old 22-06-2005, 09:39 PM
G Henslee

Doug Kanter burped:
"Stubby" wrote in message

plonk

Oh no. I've been plonked. Life as I know it has ended.

No doubt something you've grown quite accustomed to. How 'bout a
plink Like the sound that's heard when someone flicks your empty
cranium with their knuckle.
Old 22-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Steveo

G Henslee wrote:
plink Like the sound that's heard when someone flicks your empty
cranium with their knuckle.

D'OH!