Old 28-02-2007, 04:31 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default managing squirrels and deer

Digging in flower pots can just be foraging behavior or it can be
seeking moisture. Try leaving bowls of water about to see if that stops
it.

Also a spray made from cayenne and garlic discourages both squirrels and
deer. Deer ate the blooms off my impatiens all summer long until I began
the spraying. Boil a teaspoon of cayenne and garlic powder in a pint of
water. Strain and spray. Repeat after rain.

I had a neighbor some years ago who protected their pecans from
squirrels by the draconian measure of shooting a squirrel in the Fall
and nailing it to the tree. Harsh but effective.

What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels! [email protected] United Kingdom 15 19-10-2007 01:34 AM
Enlighten us about your Tips on Managing Home & Family ronald Gardening 0 03-07-2007 08:57 AM
Managing pressurized filter and pump? Jack Ponds 2 07-05-2006 04:46 PM
Managing Animal Waste ta Permaculture 1 14-08-2003 06:32 PM
Managing the Broad Bean harvest Steve Harris United Kingdom 6 03-07-2003 11:56 AM