Old 24-02-2007, 12:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Dtps Yin-Tung Wang x 2

Dtps. Yin-Tung Wang, named for the professor from Texas A&M. The cross is
(Dtps Taisuco Firebird x Phal amabilis) and IIRC its made with Ed Wright's
'bushy' amabilis. Photos are with and without flash...I kinda like the one
without flash better

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
Dtps Yin-Tung Wang x 2-dsc00077.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00076.JPG (31.1 KB, 92 views)
Old 24-02-2007, 03:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kathy,

Without flash is definitely the way to go. This year I didn't pull my flash
out once at POE and feel this year's photos are by far the best of any POE
I've shot.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 24-02-2007, 04:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yeah, if you hadn't showed me that trick of using the flash to make the
background drop away (in unstaged shots) I'd probably never use it either.
But people get so dang picky about backgrounds....(eeeuuuwww! They're sooo
distracting!) [sigh.] I keep telling myself to put my black cloth in my
bag, but I'm a lazy sod.

Old 24-02-2007, 05:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kathy,

Very true - and those type shots are generally good reference shots but it's
rare for me to get a "Wow" shot with flash.

Totally with you on the backgrounds. A good 10-15 percent of my shots from
POE I won't post, or I'll just give to Alex for OrchidWiz, cuz I just
couldn't get the background to fade away. Ribbons, tags, judging slips, cute
props, oy vey!

Now I'll be using the flash a lot in Borneo - that's a place where just
getting the shot in the dim jungle is important, screw how artsy it is! =)

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, if you hadn't showed me that trick of using the flash to make the

Old 24-02-2007, 11:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I was going to say Eric, you had better not forget your flash when you go to
Borneo! Not long now!

Like Kathy, I like the black background that the flash produces - less
distracting - but the flash does tend to distort colours sometimes. Such a
bugger trying to use black cloth and almost impossible at club meetings.

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Kathy,

Very true - and those type shots are generally good reference shots but
it's rare for me to get a "Wow" shot with flash.

Totally with you on the backgrounds. A good 10-15 percent of my shots from
POE I won't post, or I'll just give to Alex for OrchidWiz, cuz I just
couldn't get the background to fade away. Ribbons, tags, judging slips,
cute props, oy vey!

Now I'll be using the flash a lot in Borneo - that's a place where just
getting the shot in the dim jungle is important, screw how artsy it is! =)

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, if you hadn't showed me that trick of using the flash to make the

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Dr Wang Azalea Hung Le Bonsai 0 18-12-2003 07:12 AM
DTPS kenty ;-\) Orchids 2 22-11-2003 02:05 AM
P. Dtps. Buds Shriveling Pristella Orchids 1 12-02-2003 07:25 PM
Dtps. Glenayle 'Amour Rojo' Peloric Gene Schurg Orchids 3 12-02-2003 04:55 PM
Dtps or Phal? Gideon Singer Orchids 4 11-02-2003 06:55 PM