Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Pancake Tuesday tomorrow

Eat up & enjoy! The purists would call it Shrove Tuesday, to be followed by Ash
Wednesday & Lent. But Pancake Tuesday it is, & we will certainly be dining on
pancakes tomorrow evening.

As for what you should give up for Lent - that's delicate dangerous ground, and
I'm not going there ;-)
But anyone who gives up orchids for Lent is not a fit & proper person to belong
to this Orchidoholics Anonymous newsgroup, and should hand in his/her union card
immediately.

Which reminds me - who remembers the "Orchid bBugs Anonymous" badges Reka
distributed here a couple of years ago? Still got mine. Reka, if you're
lurking, do drop in.
Dave Gillingham
Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I have a milestone birthday coming up very soon, and I promise you that
orchids will be on my gift list!

Don't remember the orchid bug thingie. What was it, and wonder how I missed
it?

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
Dave Gillingham wrote:
Eat up & enjoy! The purists would call it Shrove Tuesday, to be followed
by Ash
Wednesday & Lent. But Pancake Tuesday it is, & we will certainly be
dining on
pancakes tomorrow evening.

Never heard of it.

As for what you should give up for Lent

Giving up religious piety and common sense. Never really got the concept
anyway.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Pancake Tuesday tomorrow- Hey Reka

Aah yes about 4 or 5 years ago?? (see my ibug made by Reka)
Has anyone heard from Reka. Her kiddies must be teenagers now?
Have a fair dinkum pancake day Dave.
Cheers Wendy

. ..

"tenman" wrote in message
Dave Gillingham wrote:
Eat up & enjoy! The purists would call it Shrove Tuesday, to be
followed by Ash
Wednesday & Lent. But Pancake Tuesday it is, & we will certainly be
dining on
pancakes tomorrow evening.

Never heard of it.

As for what you should give up for Lent

Giving up religious piety and common sense. Never really got the concept
anyway.

Attached Thumbnails
Pancake Tuesday tomorrow-wendy1.jpg
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Reka pops in periodically, but it's been a while. How cool is that bug? I
will save it and change the name.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
Dave Gillingham wrote:
Eat up & enjoy! The purists would call it Shrove Tuesday, to be
followed by Ash
Wednesday & Lent. But Pancake Tuesday it is, & we will certainly be
dining on
pancakes tomorrow evening.
Never heard of it.

As for what you should give up for Lent
Giving up religious piety and common sense. Never really got the concept
anyway.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Pancake Tuesday Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 8 22-02-2007 07:45 PM
Freeze Tuesday night? Gene S Texas 7 10-04-2003 06:08 PM
[IBC] Martha Stewart on Tuesday, It's a good thing! dalecochoy Bonsai 8 26-02-2003 03:15 PM
[IBC] Martha Stewart on Tuesday Pat Patterson Bonsai 2 26-02-2003 06:40 AM
Feb. edition of "The Pond Newsletter" --posting on Tuesday! Justin Ponds 15 20-02-2003 02:15 AM