Old 24-02-2003, 05:43 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Martha Stewart on Tuesday, It's a good thing!

For you closet Martha Stewart lovers out there.
Tomorrows (Tuesday) program is from Japan.
Gardens, fish market, sushi making and bonsai.

It's a good thing.
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-02-2003, 03:39 PM
arzoo623

From: "dalecochoy"

For you closet Martha Stewart lovers out there.
Tomorrows (Tuesday) program is from Japan.
Gardens, fish market, sushi making and bonsai.

I just caught the show. Lucky the Bonsai piece was
at the end because I completely forgot about it and turned
it on just as it was starting. I thought it was well done! She
visited the Shanti Bithi in Stamford CT. Makes me want to
vist the nursery even more than their ads do in the back on
Bonsai Today! I am thinking it might be worth a day trip
down there now. She talked a little about the different styles,
reducing leaf size, wiring, potting and moss. There was also
a small Bonsai history lesson! All in all a good peice on Bonsai.

Len

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-02-2003, 05:18 PM
dalecochoy

For you closet Martha Stewart lovers out there.
Tomorrows (Tuesday) program is from Japan.
Gardens, fish market, sushi making and bonsai.

I just caught the show. Lucky the Bonsai piece was
at the end because I completely forgot about it and turned
it on just as it was starting. I thought it was well done! She
visited the Shanti Bithi in Stamford CT. Makes me want to
vist the nursery even more than their ads do in the back on
Bonsai Today! I am thinking it might be worth a day trip
down there now. She talked a little about the different styles,
reducing leaf size, wiring, potting and moss. There was also
a small Bonsai history lesson! All in all a good peice on Bonsai.

Len

Actually, I THOUGHT the trees would be from Japan since she was there. I was
a little disappointed, but did enjoy the fish market stuff the most. 56
acres of fish!
Since I'm a sushi lover I enjoyed that also.
Dale

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Jim Lewis

Actually, I THOUGHT the trees would be from Japan since she was
there. I was
a little disappointed, but did enjoy the fish market stuff the

most. 56
acres of fish!
Since I'm a sushi lover I enjoyed that also.
Dale

For those of you who make it to Tokyo, the fish market is a MUST
visit. You need to get up at 4 a.m., through to catch the
unloading and the auction.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Tony Busko

Has anyone seen the show? Does anyone know when it will be back, I wonder
if it was resourceful to watch...

For you closet Martha Stewart lovers out there.
Tomorrows (Tuesday) program is from Japan.
Gardens, fish market, sushi making and bonsai.

It's a good thing.
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

****
****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Marc Zimmerman

Old 26-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Craig Cowing

Marc Zimmerman wrote:

snip

Shanti Bithi has always been closed on Sunday. I found that out once the
hard way, too.

Go the extra distance and visit New England Bonsai Gardens in Bellingham, Mass.
They're open 7 days a week. Shanti Bithi has (IMHO) a lot of trees that are
overpriced, and the staff is a bit on the snooty side. Just my $.02 worth.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 26-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Len Arzoomanian , BonsaiRI

Shanti Bithi has always been closed on Sunday. I found that out once the
hard way, too.

Go the extra distance and visit New England Bonsai Gardens in Bellingham, Mass.
They're open 7 days a week. Shanti Bithi has (IMHO) a lot of trees that are
overpriced, and the staff is a bit on the snooty side. Just my $.02 worth.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

Craig

I started this post and I was not trying to ditch the local nurseries by suggesting a visit to Shanti Bithi! I practically live at New England Bonsai Gardens in Bellingham, MA and Royal Bonsai Gardens in Stoughton, MA. I help out with beginner classes at
NEBG and I do the website for Royal Bonsai Garden. Both are wonderful nurseries that I highly recommend! Almost everything I own is from one of these two nurseries. Just thought some place new would be nice. Can you ever see enough Bonsai?

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: