Old 06-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Stock Photos

I have to put together some signs for the member sales table for our show
next month. I thought I'd beef them up this year and put some pictures of
the flowers that correspond to the type of orchids. For example, at the top
of the sign would be Cattleya Alliance and below that some representative
pictures from that group.

I remember somewhere (Yahoo?) where there were a bunch of stock photos of
orchids that anyone could use without violating copywrites. I can't
remember where that was located?

Anyone know this site (or another that has good photos that I can use)?

Thanks,
Gene

Old 06-09-2005, 11:24 PM
V_coerulea

If you find a site with good pics you'd like to use, usually all you have to
do is ask and explain what you want to use them for. Most people who host
these sites are so astonished to have someone ask that they rarely decline.
It's really no trouble and not an imposition. Try it.
Gary

Old 07-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Ray

Gene,

While they are no where near the caliber of such stock photos, feel free to
use any from my collection.

Old 07-09-2005, 02:31 AM
K Barrett

The AOS had some nice line drawings you could use in newsletters....

wellll...

I *was* going tosay that the AOS had some nice line drawings on their
homepage for use in newsleters BUT! The idiots went and re-worked their
page and you can't find anything on it. Small wonder no one goes there
anymore.

Guess you're stuck with Ray's photos, Gene, LOL!!

Eric Hunt will probably let you use his photos, too, if you ask.
http://www.orchidphotos.org/

K Barrett

Old 07-09-2005, 02:48 AM
wendy7

Hi Gene, I am sure if you ask over on alt.binaries.pictures.orchids you will
be
inundated with photos.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 07-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Phalguy

Hello!

On my site you will find a collection of 250 pictures of Phal species, feel
free to use them.

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy

Old 07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Rob

"Ray" wrote in message

Gene,

While they are no where near the caliber of such stock photos, feel free

use any from my collection.

You can use my crummy photos too, Gene. On my old website
http://www.msu.edu/~halgren

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 07-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Reka

Gene Schurg wrote:
I have to put together some signs for the member sales table for our show
next month. I thought I'd beef them up this year and put some pictures of
the flowers that correspond to the type of orchids. For example, at the top
of the sign would be Cattleya Alliance and below that some representative
pictures from that group.

I remember somewhere (Yahoo?) where there were a bunch of stock photos of
orchids that anyone could use without violating copywrites. I can't
remember where that was located?

Anyone know this site (or another that has good photos that I can use)?

Thanks,
Gene

If you like any on my site, I probably have better resolution ones on my
HD. Feel free to ask.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 07-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Gene Schurg

Thanks everyone for their kind offers.

I have my signs ready for laminating.

It's nice to see so many kind people on NGO. May your orchids grow and grow
as a result of your kindness. Hopefully the NCOS Members will bring lots of
great plants and I can sell them all!

Thanks,
Gene

Old 08-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Eric Hunt

Kathy,

Unfortunately, I do not allow commercial use of my photos for orchid sales.
The only exception is if you own the plant pictured in the photo, I allow
commercial use.

This is so I can preserve access to all of the growers that so generously
allow me to photograph their collections. The commercial orchid landscape in
the Bay Area is very competitive and I don't want any grower becoming upset
with me if they see their plant being used to sell plants by a competitor.

I also photograph at publicly owned botanical gardens - most of those have a
strict no-commercial photography rule.

I always allow noncommercial educational use of my photographs if one asks
before they use the photo.

Thanks,

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org