Old 15-11-2005, 04:13 PM
bob

Default TO MUCH SUNLIGHT?????

My Dends are getting yellow leaves up the entire stalks and other
plants are getting puckering of the leaves. These plants are on the
patio outside and they get afternoon sun from about 1PM to sundown
(South west expoasure) here in SE Florida. I feel this is too much
dirct sunlight. Yes? No?
Bob

Old 15-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Toni

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Dends are getting yellow leaves up the entire stalks and other
plants are getting puckering of the leaves. These plants are on the
patio outside and they get afternoon sun from about 1PM to sundown
(South west expoasure) here in SE Florida. I feel this is too much
dirct sunlight. Yes? No?

Many of my Dends get more sun than that and are OK, but they were acclimated
to it long ago.

Were your plants brought in during the storm?
I have many Dends naturalized in trees that were severely stressed by Wilma
and those are indeed showing yellowing in the leaves as well as considerable
leaf drop. Considering that I had to go yard to yard to *look for my trees*
before I could even remove the orchids from the pieces I think they are
doing pretty well g.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 15-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Diana Kulaga

Bob,

Agree with Toni about gradually acclimatizing the plants, especially if they
are new to your care. One question: are these plants under screen cover, or
completely exposed?

SW exposure is pretty intense down here. I know, because I have a similar
situation. However, the plants seem to tolerate it well. They are in
screened enclosures.

Toni, have you recovered yet?

Diana

Old 16-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Toni

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Toni, have you recovered yet?

As much as we can be with a fence repair wait of 16 weeks and few plants to
choose from locally.
On the bright side I have lots of time to plan the redo.

And you'd be surprised just how much sun some of these orchids can take g.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

How much sunlight? Maggie's Mom Orchids 11 19-07-2006 11:45 PM
TOO MUCH SUNLIGHT????? bob Orchids 1 15-11-2005 08:53 PM
Sunlight - how much? occupant Gardening 1 21-09-2004 11:14 AM
Grapes How much sunlight? berries Australia 2 13-04-2003 01:08 PM
lighting... how much is too much? redled Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 09-02-2003 05:13 AM