Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-11-2005, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Query for the judges

Scenario:

Person A receives a CCM/AOS on Epi. Schemagle. Person A names it Epi.
Schemagle 'Schmaltz'.

Person A gives a piece of Epi. Schemagle 'Schmaltz' to person B.

Clearly, the CCM does not go with the piece given to person B, since it is a
cultural award to the original grower.

Questions:

1. Does the name 'Schmaltz' go with the piece given to person B?
2. What if person B takes the plant to judging and wins an award? How is the
name handled? I.E., does person B now get to name the new plant Epi.
Schemagle 'Putz' (excuse me, those who get it), or does 'Schmaltz' come into
play?

Yeah, I have a keike from a CCM awarded plant. What if it grows like Topsy
and I want to have it judged? All purely theoretical, since Frank and I were
discussing the topic.

Enlighten me, please.

Diana