Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2005, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

Default Sphagnum moss

I just received a bale of Chilean sphagnum and I'm extremely pleased with
it, including the price. It's top quality, blond (light colored) moss and it
cost just $72 for a 10Kg bale. Shipping was only $7 from FL to me in SC. I
use it mostly in clay pots with oncidium intergenerics, cool-growing
miltonias and masdavilleas. It's the only way I've managed to successfully
keep some of these doing well in our summer heat. It's also, of course, a
great basket liner. I've been paying $20+/Kg for individual packages from
well-known orchid suppliers. I don't know the price of their 1Kg package (or
their larger bales), but if you're growing some of your orchids in moss you
owe it to yourself to check out this place. Drop me a note and I'll be glad
to forward the email address, web site, and contact info for the FL
supplier.
Gary

Ordering Sphagnum Peat Moss Online Šave United Kingdom 3 02-06-2008 11:24 PM
Chilean vs NZ Sphagnum Moss Charles VanDyke Orchids 1 12-10-2006 10:53 PM
Air Layering - sphagnum moss alternative gb United Kingdom 8 06-01-2006 09:51 PM
sphagnum hazard bb Orchids 30 15-11-2003 07:42 PM
Is New Zealand Sphagnum WAS repotting Andrew Orchids 1 24-06-2003 11:56 AM