Old 09-02-2006, 06:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default Endangered orchids found in W. Australia

Rare orchids found
From: AAP

February 08, 2006

A HEALTHY population of a rare and endangered native orchid species has
been found in Western Australia's southwest.
The 246 grand spider orchids are in a nature reserve near Pinjarra, 89km
south of Perth.

It was the third largest known population of caladenia huegelii, the
Department of Conservation and Land Management (CALM) said today.

In 1995 a single, flowering grand spider orchid was found at the same
site, CALM said.

Another survey, in 2004, also found just one of the plants, about 500m
from the previous sighting.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Reka, you never cease to amaze me! How often have you, from Italy, discovered
things in our own back yards that we hadn't heard of?

Rare orchids found

Old 09-02-2006, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:23:40 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~Reka, you never cease to amaze me! How often have you, from Italy, discovered
~things in our own back yards that we hadn't heard of?
~
Pfft! Who told ME Berlusconi had promised to be celibate until after the
elections??? (And if you believe that, I have some great building property
in Florida for you...)
Reka

Selling the Everglades again are you?
SuE
Old 10-02-2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:23:40 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~Reka, you never cease to amaze me! How often have you, from Italy, discovered
~things in our own back yards that we hadn't heard of?
~
Pfft! Who told ME Berlusconi had promised to be celibate until after the
elections??? (And if you believe that, I have some great building property
in Florida for you...)

The kind of property that gives you that sinking feeling?
Dave Gillingham
Old 10-02-2006, 09:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:11:49 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:23:40 +0100, Reka wrote:
~
~In article ,
says...
~~Reka, you never cease to amaze me! How often have you, from Italy, discovered
~~things in our own back yards that we hadn't heard of?
~~
~Pfft! Who told ME Berlusconi had promised to be celibate until after the
~elections??? (And if you believe that, I have some great building property
~in Florida for you...)
~The kind of property that gives you that sinking feeling?
Mmm, yeah, but you *could* plant your Phrags outdoors and never have to
water them! Think of the time saved!

Not to mention my Phaius tankervilleae, & perhaps a couple of Spathoglottis! But
I think I'll pass, thanks all the same. Btw, after real estate, do you have any
good used cars for sale?
Dave Gillingham
Old 11-02-2006, 09:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:30:32 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:11:49 +0100, Reka wrote:
~
~In article ,
says...
~~On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:23:40 +0100, Reka wrote:
~~
~~In article ,
says...
~~~Reka, you never cease to amaze me! How often have you, from Italy, discovered
~~~things in our own back yards that we hadn't heard of?
~~~
~~Pfft! Who told ME Berlusconi had promised to be celibate until after the
~~elections??? (And if you believe that, I have some great building property
~~in Florida for you...)
~~The kind of property that gives you that sinking feeling?
~Mmm, yeah, but you *could* plant your Phrags outdoors and never have to
~water them! Think of the time saved!
~Not to mention my Phaius tankervilleae, & perhaps a couple of Spathoglottis! But
~I think I'll pass, thanks all the same. Btw, after real estate, do you have any
~good used cars for sale?
Just one, one of the East German Trabis. :-D

Oh well, I used to drive a Lada Niva, so maybe I'll buy it from you!

One of the blokes I used to work with had two rude comments about the Nivas:

Why do Nivas have heated rear windiws? To keep your hands warm while pushing
them.

Where do you take a Niva that needs panelbeating? To a shipwright.

And, while we're on rude cracks about cars, another friend had this one, which
may well be a very oldie:

What does Fiat stand for? Fix it again Toni.

I think I'll go now.
Dave Gillingham