Old 23-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Kip Knudson

Default what news of the orchids?

Can orchids live in space?

Old 23-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Mick Fournier

Kip,

They seem to do OK in the space just outside my front door.... but I have
wondered if they would survive in outer space. Do you ever wonder that
also?

Mick

Old 23-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Rob Zuiderwijk

Hello Kip,

I know that NASA has on several space flights done experiments with orchids.
I can't tell you what they done exactly. I'll have to dive into some books
to get they details.

Rob Zuiderwijk

"Kip Knudson" wrote in message
. ..
Can orchids live in space?

Old 23-03-2003, 06:44 PM
profpam

Hi, Kip,

Past Nasa experiments reveal that orchids have been sent into space.
See: http://spacebio.net/modules/pb_resource/reed2.html

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

P. S. Perhaps some day they will send the glow-in the dark orchid.

------------

Can orchids live in space?

Old 23-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Reka

"profpam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi, Kip,

Past Nasa experiments reveal that orchids have been sent into space.
See: http://spacebio.net/modules/pb_resource/reed2.html

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

P. S. Perhaps some day they will send the glow-in the dark orchid.

Wow! Then we could try spotting it with a good telescope...;-)
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 24-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Andrew Gibbons

Mick Fournier wrote:

Kip,

They seem to do OK in the space just outside my front door.... but I have
wondered if they would survive in outer space. Do you ever wonder that
also?

Mick

I'd seriously doubt it. The vacuum would lyse the cells
before the plant even thought about the lack of oxygen and
carbon dioxide. However, within a pressurised compartment
containing sufficient air, such as those found in shuttles
and space stations, in outer space....

Andrew
Old 24-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Martin

of course they can live in outer space.
How do you think they arrived here
and were able to put us all under their
mind control they're aliens

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM