Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default How do you control trips

Orthonex works great, It was after I was buzzing I bothered to read the
bottle and saw the little warning "for outdoor use only"
It might be awhile before I come down

Jack, all kidding aside, air the place out. That stuff can be very
dangerous, my friend. And if you've been inhaling it to the point where you
*feel* it, you might want to see a doctor or talk to poison control. I kid
you not.

Diana

Old 11-04-2006, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

I actually have read the MSDS and understand it, most pesticides are
organophosphates and closely related to nerve agents, which as a medic
I have a bit of training on, so all kidding aside I was replying in
kind. If you actually read the MSDS (material safety data sheet) on
most of your house hold chemicals you might get a little scared, and
realize why animal testing, while not pleasant is necessary. I have to
check after my second appication to see if the little f**@# are still
at it.

Jack

Old 12-04-2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Well, I guess for now I can be happy that the elephant, err Agrcm.
eburneum is just a cute little seeling (7 cm span) so I have a while to
remodle my bathroom and put in windows (maybe it'll like sharing the
shower)
and I can't find the thrips, maybe the orthonex did it's job. I'm
going to give them one more treatment on saturday and then start
spraying with neem for the next few weeks. My wife is complaining
about the smell after the plants are sprayed.

Also, the two ******* children, I mean my rootless wonders... The cat
is looking better in it's bag, but my phal is yellowing in the middle
of it's last leaf, it lost it's second leaf last week but it doesn't
look dehydrated anymore...

Jack

Old 12-04-2006, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

I'm glad the Catt is looking better, but I'm sorry to say that without
divine intervention, the Phal. is toast...

Diana