Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Store ID tag markings on plants

When it labeled like P.TimothyChristopher x P...... The first letter is its
Genus correct? P = Phal, D = Dendrobium etc.....? This is the obvious one,
and when you are done laughing

There other markings such as "04.03/MAI"

Or
"Dendrobium World Cup No. 5 01-B...."
Or
" 0609-D70800006 03/20/2006
D. Salaya Candy #770"

What would the 01-B or 04.03/MAI or other markinge be? Are they a
registration? 0609-D70800006 looks like a stock number, but the others do
not.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

It's all just a guess, as different nurseries use different techniques.

The "04.03/MAI", for example, might be when it was acquired from Much Angst
Industries, that fictitious Taiwanese meganursery, or maybe when it was
deflasked.

In "Dendrobium World Cup No. 5 01-B", the "No. 5 01-B" might be an
unofficial cultivar name, and if properly done, should be Dendrobium World
Cup 'No. 5 01-B'. Considering that there doesn't appear to be a registered
den hybrid with that name, I guess the proper terminology structure isn't
all that important.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default P.Sogo Grape ID -Was Store ID tag markings on plants

Thank you. I was looking at your page, and maybe you can help with a NOID
Home depot one I have that looks like P. Sogo Grape . Please tkae alook at
Alt.binaries.pictures orchids, the one tilteld "P. Sogo Grape" and tell me
if that is a familiar variant. It has to be a cross breed of it. There was
no tag and I have not seen another since then.

. ..

Old 07-08-2006, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Bruce Musgrove wrote:
Thank you. I was looking at your page, and maybe you can help with a NOID
Home depot one I have that looks like P. Sogo Grape . Please tkae alook at
Alt.binaries.pictures orchids, the one tilteld "P. Sogo Grape" and tell me
if that is a familiar variant. It has to be a cross breed of it. There was
no tag and I have not seen another since then.

I can't access that site, but I have Phal. Sogo Grape YN, and it looks
like the ones shown on Google Images. The flowers are heavy-substanced
and waxy, an intense solid purple, and there are few flowers but they
last for months. I got my plant from a Hawaiian nursery.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default P.Sogo Grape ID -

I'm sory. Try this link

It is in the usenet newsgroup "Alt.binaries.pictures.orchids" , titled "P.
Sogo Grape" Author Bruce Musgrove.

Mine looks sexactly like the P. SOgo Grape at Ray's
http://www.firstrays.com/Pictures_or...Sogo_Grape.jpg
Except I have a white band at the edge of the leaf margin, and a little
more white\yellow in the inner lip

I had thoped to ID it as a P. Sogo Grape normal color variation or if not,
what it the cross breed was.

"OrchidKitty" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 07-08-2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

OrchidKitty wrote:
Bruce Musgrove wrote:
Thank you. I was looking at your page, and maybe you can help with a NOID
Home depot one I have that looks like P. Sogo Grape . Please tkae alook at
Alt.binaries.pictures orchids, the one tilteld "P. Sogo Grape" and tell me
if that is a familiar variant. It has to be a cross breed of it. There was
no tag and I have not seen another since then.

I can't access that site, but I have Phal. Sogo Grape YN, and it looks
like the ones shown on Google Images. The flowers are heavy-substanced
and waxy, an intense solid purple, and there are few flowers but they
last for months. I got my plant from a Hawaiian nursery.

'

Bruce,
Your flower is just like mine. You've got Sogo Grape YN.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Actually, the photo I posted IS Phal. Sogo Grape 'YN'. It is so different
from the original flower that I didn't feel the cultivar epithet was needed
in the discussion....

Old 08-08-2006, 02:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yes, you posted the second picture and it is Sogo Grape. The first picture
which Bruce posted is not.

OrchidKitty wrote:
Bruce Musgrove wrote:
Thank you. I was looking at your page, and maybe you can help with a
NOID
Home depot one I have that looks like P. Sogo Grape . Please tkae
alook at
Alt.binaries.pictures orchids, the one tilteld "P. Sogo Grape" and
tell me
if that is a familiar variant. It has to be a cross breed of it.
There was
no tag and I have not seen another since then.

I can't access that site, but I have Phal. Sogo Grape YN, and it looks
like the ones shown on Google Images. The flowers are heavy-substanced
and waxy, an intense solid purple, and there are few flowers but they
last for months. I got my plant from a Hawaiian nursery.
'

Bruce,
Your flower is just like mine. You've got Sogo Grape YN.

Pelargonium - Strange circular markings Frank Booth Snr United Kingdom 0 08-06-2007 07:16 PM
[IBC] Very strange leaf markings Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 7 29-02-2004 07:09 AM
Very strange leaf markings Me Bonsai 0 28-02-2004 02:12 AM
What is in a tag? Diane Mancino Orchids 4 08-03-2003 09:25 PM
my sig tag file: mad Ponds 0 18-02-2003 07:27 PM