Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
EA EA is offline

Default Help with vandas

Hi everyone,

I need some help with my vandas. I bought a vanda at home depot and
within a week it had spots on its leaves that were concentric circles
and looked a bit like a target. The leaves started to turn brown and
began to fall off. I treated it with various fungicides and
nothing...now its spread to many of my other vandas. I'm getting
worried because nothing I do seems to work. Any suggestions would be
much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EA

Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

EA: It does sound like a fungal problem. What fungicides have you tried,
and are you mixing them per label directions?

Perhaps too late now, on this one, but in future, you should isolate any
plant showing any signs of disease, far away from your other plants.
Ideally, any new purchase should be put into quarantine for a couple of
weeks, before you tuck it into your collection ... (even if you buy it from
a reputable grower rather than a big-box store).

Kenni

oups.com...

Old 08-12-2006, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Dear EA, Sounds like a virus to me. Put the plant in a sealed plastic bag &
take it back. Wash your hands & the area where your plant was.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 08-12-2006, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

It sounds like it might be too aggressive to be a virus.
-danny

&

EA wrote:
Hi everyone,

I need some help with my vandas. I bought a vanda at home depot and
within a week it had spots on its leaves that were concentric circles
and looked a bit like a target. The leaves started to turn brown and
began to fall off. I treated it with various fungicides and
nothing...now its spread to many of my other vandas. I'm getting
worried because nothing I do seems to work. Any suggestions would be
much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EA

Are Vandas That Difficult ? susan' scott Orchids 4 08-12-2003 10:03 PM
Vandas in SH was Rhynchostylis care questions mg Orchids 0 08-12-2003 04:13 AM
vandas light level ron doctors Orchids 7 28-10-2003 01:12 AM
one of the Vandas Sekanek Orchids 1 30-05-2003 04:10 PM
Citrus Wood for vandas? Ol' Thornfinger Orchids 1 09-04-2003 09:20 PM