Old 02-02-2007, 04:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default purchasing budded cats

I plan to visit my mother around the second week of march. I would
like to either bring, or have shipped to her, 3 or 4 budded cats or
large LC's.

I can live with bare root, as I can pot them when I get to Dallas.

any advice as to where to purchase? Not too excited about the $75-150
plants.

I cannot tell if the C&H plants are in bud, or just on special. seem
way to well priced to be in bud.

http://www.carterandholmes.com/Merch...1330-Spike_Bud

$7 for a blc in bloom???

Old 02-02-2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I have bought two such plants (in bloom) from Hausermann's Orchids,
Both were about 50 bucks plus shipping, $15 as I remember. That was
for mothers day in 2006. I would recommend them. Here is the link;

http://www.orchidsbyhausermann.com/

I am sure there are others.
Joe T

On Feb 2, 10:01�am, gerald wrote:
I plan to visit my mother around the second week of march. *I would
like to either bring, or have shipped to her, 3 or 4 budded cats or
large LC's. *

I can live with bare root, as I can pot them when I get to Dallas.

any advice as to where to purchase? *Not too excited about the $75-150
plants.

I cannot tell if the C&H plants are in bud, or just on special. *seem
way to well priced to be in bud.

http://www.carterandholmes.com/Merch...creen=CTGY&Cat...

$7 for a blc in bloom???

Old 02-02-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Feb 2, 10:01 am, gerald wrote:
I cannot tell if the C&H plants are in bud, or just on special. seem
way to well priced to be in bud.

http://www.carterandholmes.com/Merch...creen=CTGY&Cat...

$7 for a blc in bloom???

I checked the link you provided. Carter and Holmes does not appear to
have any in bud/bloom plants listed at this time. Possibly in the
category of plants you are specifying, or a different search of the
site, or you could e mail or call, to request availability.

The following plants and prices were for plants that sold recently.
For those prices, I expect they are in 2-2 1/2" pots.

Best wishes,

Nancy

Old 02-02-2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I've seen plants blooming there in the community trays, it's possible they
could have budded plants at the dug-up price. You should probably call and
talk to someone to see if you can get budded stuff in your time frame.
-danny

Old 02-02-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

mail Mac Holmes at C&H and ask how much their budded phals are. They had at
least 1 house full of potted phals in flower and bud at Xmas and were about
$20-25 for 6" pots. They usually have a bunch during winter. Anyway, Mac
will answer you right away about whatever they've got available.
Gary

"gerald" wrote in message
I plan to visit my mother around the second week of march. I would
like to either bring, or have shipped to her, 3 or 4 budded cats or
large LC's.

I can live with bare root, as I can pot them when I get to Dallas.

any advice as to where to purchase? Not too excited about the $75-150
plants.

I cannot tell if the C&H plants are in bud, or just on special. seem
way to well priced to be in bud.

http://www.carterandholmes.com/Merch...1330-Spike_Bud

$7 for a blc in bloom???

Cutting back a budded tree mullibum Gardening 10 17-03-2009 02:22 AM
budded paph gerald Orchids 0 24-02-2007 02:25 PM
Purchasing Miniature Rose by mail order or online. Paul the D United Kingdom 3 04-01-2004 04:04 AM
Source for Potted Budded roses... Theo Asir Roses 0 20-06-2003 04:44 PM
Purchasing Mint for garden. Texas Garden Edible Gardening 2 17-03-2003 11:56 PM