Old 31-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Default Small question

Does anyone know an orchid grower in the USA that exports plants in small
quatities to Europe.
There are a lot of nice plants in the US and I would like to buy some
everyonce in a while. The thing is, I often can't find them anywhere else
and noone seems to want to sell any to me.
Am I doomed to get my plants here in Europe or is there any hope for me. Or
do I have to save a lot of money, buy a plainticket and come to the US to
buy 2 or 5plants each year.
Honnestly I can't afford a trip. I'm still just a student at a Univ. In
other words I'm almost allways broke.
Peter

Old 01-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Paulo

I know a very good growerr in Switzerland, it is located in Gelterkinden
(Baselland)

--
Paulo
.be...

Old 01-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Mick Fournier

Peter,

Part of the problem involves all the "red tape" governmental paperwork
involved to export potted/mounted plants. It is not profitable to ship
small quantities of orchids out of the USA after a vendor indexes in all the
mumbo jumbo hassle with government bureaucrats and their insane legal forms.

But you might want to consider buying orchids in flask... these orchids are
obviously domestically grown in laboratories and are not subject to the
thorny legal question, "are they poached from protected rain forests and
consequently illegal to sell?"

If you are looking for pure species and will be content with small plants
then buy orchids in sterile flasks from many of the growers in the USA.
Flasks cross the Atlantic every week bound for Europe/Russia from the USA.

If you were not such a broke college student with no real money to spend,
even I could probably help you out.

Mick Fournier
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

--------------------------------

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
.be...
Does anyone know an orchid grower in the USA that exports plants in small
quatities to Europe.
There are a lot of nice plants in the US and I would like to buy some
everyonce in a while. The thing is, I often can't find them anywhere else
and no one seems to want to sell any to me.
Am I doomed to get my plants here in Europe or is there any hope for me.

Or
do I have to save a lot of money, buy a plane ticket and come to the US to
buy 2 or 5 plants each year.
Honestly I can't afford a trip. I'm still just a student at a Univ. In

Old 01-06-2003, 03:32 AM
K Barrett

What about Akerene Orchids in Belgium? They seem to have a nice assortment
of orchids for sale.

K Barrett

Old 01-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Reka

Peter, I have an extensive set of links for European orchid growers, if you
are interested.

--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.be...
Does anyone know an orchid grower in the USA that exports plants in small
quatities to Europe.
There are a lot of nice plants in the US and I would like to buy some
everyonce in a while. The thing is, I often can't find them anywhere else
and noone seems to want to sell any to me.
Am I doomed to get my plants here in Europe or is there any hope for me.

Or
do I have to save a lot of money, buy a plainticket and come to the US to
buy 2 or 5plants each year.
Honnestly I can't afford a trip. I'm still just a student at a Univ. In
other words I'm almost allways broke.
Peter

---

Old 01-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

hi
I just looked at your website. Interesting stuff. I realy like those flasks
with only 10 plants. I might try one this summer, probably in august.
peter
"Mick Fournier" schreef in bericht

Old 01-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

I know akerne, it's a 15minute trip from where i live.
I have already bought a lot there, but my wishlist has more then 400
Different plants on it. Akerne just hasn't got all of them.
Peter

Old 03-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

What is his name,adres ...
Peter
"Paulo" schreef in bericht
.. .

Old 03-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

I haven't found a link to that grower yet but i'm still loking
Peter
"s" schreef in bericht

Old 04-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Belgium, schoten
I use goolgle and lycos to search the net
Peter
"Paulo" schreef in bericht
.. .
Peter: Where are u located?

--
[...]

Newbie question: Small filter for small pond? angel toledo Ponds 4 22-04-2005 05:18 PM
[IBC] Chamaecyparis soil type question - and a small Google primer kevin bailey Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 11:02 AM
Small Pond Question steetsel Ponds 12 13-06-2003 04:08 AM
Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 3 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 2 01-04-2003 06:20 PM