Old 16-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Ray

Default water before fertilizing?

Good point, Diane!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Diane Mancino" wrote in message
. ..
Use the left over fertilizer on your other plants, shrubs, windowboxes.

Not
a waste, your not supposed to use that much anyway. Happy violets here,

they
love that I've taken up collecting the orchids

Diane
"Ray" wrote in message
You cannot know for sure which plants carry what.

Take viruses, for instance. Your plant may be infected, but never show

the
slightest symptom of infection. Pass the virus onto another plant via a

dip
and the same may not be true.

personally, I think that considering the time, labor, and cash invested

into
your orchid collection, you're better off to risk "wasting" fertilizer
solution though once-through watering.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
e...
But making a fresh bucket for each plant can become a very expensive

thing.
Why not try to sort out the healthy plants from the others and soak

the
good
once together and sick individualy.
I only soak my plants once when I have just repot them, and for the

rest
just poor and spray them with water (+fertilizer, insectesite,...) I

do
give
them a biiiiiig shower once a year in the bathtop with fertilizer and

lot
of water. That one time a year I water them 4 - 5 a day. And believe

me
moving 200 plants op the stairs and in to the bathroom and cleaning up
afterwerds is takes a wile and drives my parents absolutely bananas.

Peter

"Ray" schreef in bericht
Assume one plant is diseased. The very instant you dunk it, you

have
potentially contaminated the bucket full of fertilizer solution,

which

means
that any other plants dunked in the bucket can pick it up.

The issue isn't simply the bucket itself, but its contents as well.

Old 19-07-2003, 04:22 PM
LYNN32141

In article , "Diane Mancino"
writes:

Use the left over fertilizer on your other plants, shrubs, windowboxes.

Yes I do that very much.. I have azaleas and ferns which are QUITE happy happy
when it comes to my left over orchid fertlizer. Since they are all acid loving,
everyone is content.. LOL

Lynn