Old 10-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Now I've Done It!

Steve,

Scary: it makes perfect sense!

Diana

"Steve" wrote in message
t...

Diana, it's probably even LESS serious than what some others have
written. It's almost impossible that you have damaged the actual growing
point. Most likely, the broken leaf still has more growing to do and and
will continue to emerge with it's tip missing. That is, unless I'm
picturing it wrong and that leaf was finished growing but still new.
Even then, I would expect a new leaf soon. The only thing is, instead of
left-right-left-right, you will have left-right-right-left. (If that
makes no sense at all to you, ignore it!) :-)

Steve

Old 10-08-2003, 10:05 PM
tbell

Having done the same thing more than once, I assure you that a new leaf will
come. And I do hope your crown doesn't rot, because hairpieces are hot and
uncomfortable in the Summer.
Tom
Nikon Coolpix 5700
(Please remove appendix to reply by e-mail)

From: "Diana Kulaga"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:36:48 GMT
Subject: Now I've Done It!

Look what I've done! I was repotting a Phal today, and Frank was watching.
I mentioned that the new center leaf is very delicate at this stage. Then -
I snapped it off. I can't believe I did it. Have never done this before.
It seems like such a rudimentary question, and I think I know the answer,
but I need reassurance. Please tell me that another leaf will grow anyway?
Please?

As punishment, I am going to stand in the rain, which is currently
substantial, until my crown rots. Yeesh.

Diana

Old 10-08-2003, 10:22 PM
GrlIntrpted

"LYNN32141" wrote in message
In article k.net,

"Diana
Kulaga" writes:

new center leaf is very delicate at this stage. Then -
I snapped it off. I can't believe I did it.

I don't know, but it must be in the water.. Today my husband was moving my
beautiful dendrobium and broke the flower shoot right off of it..... ARGH.

was soooooo mad............ I know it was an accident, but this is the

one
with the dark beautiful purple flowers and i would have had it bloom for

the
2nd year... OH well..

DH's are notorious for such "accidents". I still can not forgive my husband
for breaking the almost flowering spike of a Paph. Magic Lantern...and the
spike of a Paph. Dragon Blood x Kevin's Wine. I threatned divorce if
another one of those "accidents" ever happens again.

Mariana

Old 10-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Diana!

There aren't too many of us - most are Dianes. Don't you love our name?
Depending on whose mythology you use, we're either Godesses of the moon or
the hunt. In fact, I don't think I've ever met another Diana, and certainly
not one who grows orchids.

Rest assured that I am out of the rain. I do tend to be somewhat
melodramatic now and then. LOL

Diana

Old 10-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Diana Kulaga

And I do hope your crown doesn't rot, because hairpieces are hot and
uncomfortable in the Summer.

LOL.........one thing I have plenty of is hair!

Diana

Old 11-08-2003, 06:05 AM
disy

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
Hi, Diana!

There aren't too many of us - most are Dianes. Don't you love our name?
Depending on whose mythology you use, we're either Godesses of the moon or
the hunt. In fact, I don't think I've ever met another Diana, and
certainly
not one who grows orchids.

Rest assured that I am out of the rain. I do tend to be somewhat
melodramatic now and then. LOL

Diana

I do love our name - I love being the named after the Goddess of the Moon.
It was always great being the only one; in school no one had your name and
at work - everyone can just refer to you as Diana because there is usually
only one in a crowd. It's amazing to find another! I too have never met
another one. Strange huh?! What would really be amazing is if you were a
Leo too!

Happy orchiding!

Diana

Old 11-08-2003, 06:06 AM
Ted Byers

"disy" wrote in message
et...

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
Hi, Diana!

There aren't too many of us - most are Dianes. Don't you love our name?
Diana

I do love our name - I love being the named after the Goddess of the Moon.
It was always great being the only one; in school no one had your name and
at work - everyone can just refer to you as Diana because there is usually
only one in a crowd. It's amazing to find another! I too have never met
another one. Strange huh?! What would really be amazing is if you were a
Leo too!

Now I am jealous.

I know of one professor of mathematics that has my name, and, worse, during
the time I was a student at the University of Toronto, there were at least
three men with my name. What was really scary is that one looked so much
like me that one of the professors who had us both in his class in the same
year (but in different courses), stopped me in the street and rebuked me for
not attending a makeup test he had arranged. It was a challenge for me to
convince him that I had not taken that course, but rather a different
course, with him. So there is at least one person my age who is running
around with my face, fitting my description and my name. I can only hope he
is an honourable man! Now, it would be ironic if he too grew orchids.

More ironic was a case in which my mother got a call, when she was a young
newlywed, from a bank about credit problems. It turned out that there was
another young couple in which the man's name was identical to my father's
name and the woman's name was identical to my mother's name. The only thing
that the bank had to distinguish that couple from my parents was that they
lived on the opposite side of town! (Yes, the bank did finally reach the
right couple, as my parents were very careful to followup the issue.)

Cheers,

Ted

Old 11-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Diana Kulaga

What would really be amazing is if you were a Leo too!

Sorry, Diana,

Aquarius all the way. G

Diana

Old 11-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Diana Kulaga

Ted,

Those are funny stories. I take it that those folks shared last names with
you as well as first names. I'd be really surprised if 'Disy' and I shared
the same last name!

Diana

Old 12-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Ted Byers

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
Ted,

Those are funny stories. I take it that those folks shared last names

with
you as well as first names. I'd be really surprised if 'Disy' and I shared
the same last name!

Yes Diana. You are right. They had my last name as well as first names.

Cheers,

Ted

Old 12-08-2003, 02:22 AM
disy

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
Ted,

Those are funny stories. I take it that those folks shared last names

with
you as well as first names. I'd be really surprised if 'Disy' and I shared
the same last name!

Diana

No, I think we have found our differences. I am pretty sure you do not
have my same last name. But, it's fun to know that there is another Diana
that loves orchids