Old 08-09-2003, 03:15 AM
Wendy

Default Where is everyone?

Just wondering where everyone hangs out on a Sunday evening?
Can't think of any questions to ask?
Have no pics to post?
Cheers Wendy

Old 08-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Sarah Huff

Hi Wendy! I usually take Sunday evening to water all of my orchids, but
tonight I went out to dinner instead. :-)

Sarah
Colorado Springs

Old 08-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Wendy

Hi Sarah, Dinner out is good! I thought it wasn't good to water orchids in
the evening?
Shouldn't they dry out?
Cheers Wendy
t...

Old 08-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Steve

Well, before dark, I brought in the last of the orchids to the basement
growing areas. (Except the Odonts and Cymbidiums)
I divided this Odcdm :
http://stevewilson.homestead.com/fil...Neuenhaus2.jpg
because it had 3 new growths going over the edge of the pot. Now it is
in 3 pots.
Then I just hung out here hoping Wendy would post something interesting.
:-)

Steve ... where summer is over but beautiful fall like weather is here.

Old 08-09-2003, 06:13 AM
Wendy

Wow Steve? Summer over already? I love summer, love heat, do not do well
when it's cold.
But you do have a magnificent view!
Beautiful flower, good growing.
Cheers Wendy
t...

Old 08-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Well I was at home cleaning. I can see the end coming. Yoppie
Just two more rooms to go.
About the pic's a no questions, no probleme still got some around here
somewhere.
Cheers
Peter

"Wendy" schreef in bericht

Old 08-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Mick Fournier

Wendy,

I like Flounder's Restaurant or Bamboo Willie's on Pensacola Beach Sunday
nights... once in a while I will hit Peg Leg Pete's restaurant just down the
road a bit.

Mick

Old 08-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Steve

Steve wrote:
Well, before dark, I brought in the last of the orchids to the basement
growing areas. (Except the Odonts and Cymbidiums)........

Yikes!!! Just in time. The forecast suddenly says a low in the 20's for
the Adirondacks TONIGHT.
Most likely, my yard will escape freezing due the the lake being right
there but...
I think I'll throw a cover over the Cymbidiums and the tomato plants and
move the Odonts close to the house just in case.

Steve

Old 09-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:26:54 GMT, Steve wrote:

Steve wrote:
Well, before dark, I brought in the last of the orchids to the basement
growing areas. (Except the Odonts and Cymbidiums)........

Yikes!!! Just in time. The forecast suddenly says a low in the 20's for
the Adirondacks TONIGHT.
Most likely, my yard will escape freezing due the the lake being right
there but...
I think I'll throw a cover over the Cymbidiums and the tomato plants and
move the Odonts close to the house just in case.

Steve

Steve, Did you get the freeze? I would have covered the Odonts
and left the Cym's uncovered. Interesting. I have everything
in, it only went out to be able to clean the glass. But I have
come to the decision that some of it has to go. Things are too
tight. I wonder how many Orchid Societies have heavily loaded
sales tables this month for just that reason. I wish our society
met in the summer so I could move some things then.

Out of curiosity...
How many, who attend or belong to local societies, have summer
meetings? I don't mean gh tours where you visit a list of
homes and may or may not get together for a picnic at days end.
I mean a meeting where you can bring plants to trade or sell to
other society members.

SuE
Old 09-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Diane Mancino

We met every month with no meeting in august. I think your right about this
being a good time to attend a raffle or auction.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Diana Kulaga

Yikes!!! Just in time. The forecast suddenly says a low in the 20's for
the Adirondacks TONIGHT. Most likely, my yard will escape freezing due the
the lake being right
there but...

Big, big Brrrr! That is why, in order to get me to move away from Florida,
one would need to pry my fingers off the "Leaving Florida" sign! When we
lived in CT, I froze up sometime in November and didn't thaw out until late
April.

Diana

Old 09-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Diana Kulaga

We don't meet in July or August, though I think I might be able to persuade
the members to change that at some future time. Making changes here is like
turning a very large aircraft carrier...... Isn't that wierd. The word
"persuade" doesn't look right to me. Ever have that happen?

Diana

Old 09-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Diana Kulaga

Wendy,

Crawdaddy's in downtown Jensen Beach saw us yesterday. Patio seating,
acoustic music, and great etouffe! (And a couple of pops to wash it down
with!)

Diana

Old 09-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Big, big Brrrr! That is why, in order to get me to move away from

Florida,
one would need to pry my fingers off the "Leaving Florida" sign! When we
lived in CT, I froze up sometime in November and didn't thaw out until

late
April.

Diana

The cold fresh air of winter. The piles of snow, the big and small snowmen
covering the landskape. Ice coveering the water of lakes and beaches.
Snowstorms, children playing peacefully in a great white came world and the
smell of warm hot chocolate milk in front of an open fireplace.
Nothing, absolutely nothing can compete.
I have lived in Denmark for 13 years and seen some very hard and cold
winters, and believe me, I love them. I can't stand the heat. I would give a
lot for a white christmas.
Winter is a time of joy, harmony, yet something is missing, the growth in
spring, the birds singing their songs for us and everone to hear.
But remember, for us orchid hobbyists, some of the most beautyfull orchid
species bloom during those dark, cold and calm winter months.
To close this speech something I had to read in one of my English lessons.

Snow is sometimes a she, a soft one.
Her kiss on your cheek, her finger on your sleeve
In early December, on a warm evening,
And you turn to meet her, saying 'It's snowing!'
But it is not. And nobody's there
Empty and calm is the air.

Sometimes the snow is a he, a sly one.
Weakly he signs the dry stone with a damp spot.
Waifish he floats an touches the pond and is not.
Treacherous-beggarly he falters, and taps at the window.
A little longer he clings to the grass-blade tip
Getting his grip.

Then how she leans, how furry foxwrap she nestles
The sky with her warm, and the earth with her softness.
How her lit crowding fairytales sink through the space-silence
To build her palace, till it twinkles in starlight-
Too frail for a foot
Or a crumb of soot.

Then how his muffled armies move in all night
And we wake and every road is blockaded
Every hill taken and farm occupied
And the white glare of his tents is on the ceiling.
And all that dull blue day and on into the gloaming
We have to watch more coming.

Then everything in rubbish-heaped world
Is a bridesmaid at her miracle.
Dunghills and crumbly dark old barns are bowed in the chapel of her sparkle,
The gruesome boggy cellars of the wood
Are a wedding of lace
Now taking place.

By Ted Hughes

Old 09-09-2003, 04:23 AM
Sarah Huff

Hi Wendy! Yes, you should water orchids in the morning and let them dry
out. Sometimes I'm bad. ;-)

Sarah

"Wendy" wrote in message
Hi Sarah, Dinner out is good! I thought it wasn't good to water orchids in
the evening?
Shouldn't they dry out?
Cheers Wendy
t...