Old 13-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Shell91

Default Dendrobium

LOL at least you didn't quote the old Beatles song "Michelle" People have
been doing that to me ever since that song came out and they all think
they're being orriginal

Shell

And I just collect shells I don't sell them

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
nk.net...
but does....

She, Shell, sells sea shells by the sea shore?

I couldn't resist!
Gene

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sorry, She Shell!

Diana

Old 13-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Shell91

Hmmm, maybe it's sniffing too many orchids? ...NAH

Shell

"Wendy" wrote in message
(((LOL))) You guys are so funny....Welcome to the group Shell, we aren't
always like this
I think it's the moon?
I often wonder why people with such pretty names use nick names?
Cheers Wendy (who has a sister that uses Mich)

Old 13-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Ray

My wife is a "Michele," too (note the "correct" spelling with one "L"), and
she just loves the Beatles song. Oh, she's "Chele" instead of "Shell."

.. . . . . . . . . . .
news

Old 13-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Shell91

HA One "L's" Unite I can't count the times I've been called Michael or
Mitchel, even in high school and college when I most obviously was not a guy

Shell

"Ray" wrote in message
My wife is a "Michele," too (note the "correct" spelling with one "L"),

and
she just loves the Beatles song. Oh, she's "Chele" instead of "Shell."

. . . . . . . . . . .
news

Old 13-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Diana Kulaga

You guys are so funny....Welcome to the group Shell, we aren't always like
this I think it's the moon?

We're not?

As to nicknames, at one time I felt like having one, and said so to a guy
pal. He said "Okay, Vito". I still owe him for that one!

Diana (Who has a sister named Michelle, thank you very much, don't dare call
her by anything else. She's also bossy, but I love her anyway.)

Old 14-09-2003, 05:02 PM
mg

Having just seen the movie 'Adaptation' two nights ago, Shell's comment
was pretty funny. For those that haven't seen it, the rare ghost orchid
turns out to be the source of a heroin-like drug, which John LaRouche
has figured out how to cultivate.

"Wendy" wrote in message

(((LOL))) You guys are so funny....Welcome to the group Shell, we aren't
always like this
I think it's the moon?
I often wonder why people with such pretty names use nick names?
Cheers Wendy (who has a sister that uses Mich)

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
link.net...

but does....

She, Shell, sells sea shells by the sea shore?

I couldn't resist!
Gene

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Sorry, She Shell!

Diana

Old 15-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:34:57 GMT, "Shell91"
wrote:

These looked very healthy to me and I do love a bargain so...what can I say?

Shell

Don"t let him get to you.
We have all done it. How else would we know it is not usually
worth the effort and time. G
SuE
Old 15-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Gene Schurg

Guilty!

I started with lots of clearance plants. They do have a purpose. I use
them as give away plants for the office or neighbors. I figure that all
they want is the bloom and don't care about the breeding.

On the other side, you do have to be careful that you buy plants that match
your ability and culture. I have a couple of cymbidiums that were a "good
buy" that I have never been able to rebloom because the summer is hot and I
don't have a good cool place to over winter them. Now that the greenhouse
is full of stuff I love the cymbidiums are in danger of not coming in at all
this winter.

Another thing I've found is that Home Depot plants are expensive....even
when marked to 1/2 price. You could get a better quality plant from Al or
Ray from their websites that would would see blooms more often than nursing
a tired shelf worn plant.

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 15-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:09:41 GMT, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:

Guilty!
your ability and culture. I have a couple of cymbidiums that were a "good
buy" that I have never been able to rebloom because the summer is hot and I
don't have a good cool place to over winter them. Now that the greenhouse
is full of stuff I love the cymbidiums are in danger of not coming in at all
this winter.
Good Growing,
Gene

Gene -
Leave them out until you have snow on them. Do protect them
from killing frost, but not too well. YOu want the cold to hit.
I had a friend who watered in the afternoon with ice chips in an
attempt to get the chill into one that was too large to move
easily.

Get creative. Cool them at night and you might keep them longer.
Or ship them to our CA. contingent that seems to grow and bloom
everything.

SuE

Old 15-09-2003, 09:43 PM
dd

I agree. As a newbie, I've found that clearance plants and free plants
have their purpose too: They're good for experimenting. For instance,
I've bought or accepted unfamiliar species to see how they would do in
my environment--if one flourishes, I buy more; if not, I don't. I've
also used these surplus plants as "lab rats" to see how tolerant my
other orchids might be of an insecticide, or a different growing
location indoors/outdoors, or a different watering method, or a new
media--like Prime Agra (a rousing success).

Now that I've started running out of room, I'm thinning out my
collection and giving some of the surplus plants to newbies who have
less experience than I do. They're happy and I don't feel wasteful.
BTW, for reasons that I don't understand, it's always the plants that I
care least about that seem to do the best--like the oncidiums with
rather drab flowers that bloom their heads off.

wrote:

These looked very healthy to me and I do love a bargain so...what can I

say?

Shell

Don"t let him get to you.
We have all done it. How else would we know it is not usually
worth the effort and time. G
SuE

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
Dendrobium monophyllum - cute small yellow dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 3 03-01-2007 08:59 AM
Dendrobium johannis - lovely rich brown antelope dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 02-01-2007 06:26 AM
What is a Dendrobium? Andrew Orchids 18 14-02-2003 03:39 AM
Dendrobium himezakura sanokku Ted Byers Orchids 10 10-02-2003 05:26 PM