Old 11-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Orchid Family Weekend in your Nation's Capitol

If you live in the mid-Atlantic area come and visit the National Capitol
Orchid Society Orchid Show. Every year during the Columbus Day weekend (3
day weekend!!!) we hold our show at the National Arboretum.

The Arboretum is a great venue that should be experienced by any avid
gardener. Usually this is the same weekend as the "Taste of Washington"
where local restaurants have a "food court" on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Of course if you bring the family for the weekend, DC offers many free
attractions on the Mall.

For the Orchid people we have a nice show and of course the requisite sales
tent were a dozen or so vendors and members of the NCOS will be selling fine
plants.

Mark your calendars now and join us for some good times in your nation's
capitol!

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 11-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Gene Schurg

Oops I forgot!

Check out: www.ncos.us

For all the Orchid Show details!

Gene

k.net...

Old 15-09-2003, 02:32 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:08:17 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Nice webpage. I like that you say all the different ways to get to the
Arboretum.

K Barrett

I like the members sales tables with a 20/80 split for the
society/member and definite rules about selling. We did it that
at every meeting in Chicago when I was in the Ill OS. I think it
worked well and got lots of low priced plants into new members
hands.
We had a auction of blooming plants as a way to get members into
the meeting hall on time and get the meeting started with a bang.
It kept the old timers interest to see what their fellow
experienced growers were thinning and the newer members enjoyed
the chance at top plants in bloom.

We had the advantage of sales, show and tell and refreshments
downstairs and the lecture/speaker upstairs. Good conversations
before and after. But no way to get kudos for having grown a
difficult plant. Show and tell when it is in the meeting is good
for new members to get "good job" kudos.
SuE

you're a nation RichD Gardening 9 22-12-2009 09:33 PM
OT we led the nation OT K30a Ponds 10 08-08-2003 12:45 AM
Bob Leverett Goes Nation Wide dstaples alt.forestry 3 12-05-2003 02:10 PM
Not All is Black Inside the Nation's Biggest Wildfire Re-elect Gore in 2004 alt.forestry 0 19-10-2002 01:59 AM