Old 01-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Susan Erickson

Default rgo history? a list of names and dates

On 31 Jan 2004 17:57:46 -0700, (Aaron Hicks)
wrote:

K Barrett ) spaketh thusly:

Dear GOD!!! His FAQs still WORK!! Quick!! COPY THEM!!!

It's awful nice they didn't kill them at New Mexico Tech; as it
is, I'm pretty sure I lost one or two during a major disk crash they had
(which is why the dates are all the same- 11/19/98, which is when they
were restored from tape. Still, one or two of the files I found were
empty, and for some reason they weren't archived. I carried a copy of the
FAQs when I left NMT in '00 on a Zip disk; they're also archived on the
curernt OSP page (
www.orchidseed.com), under "Technical Data" (in the "A
Mirror of the New Mexico Tech orchid info FTP site").

"Rule number one: No pets. If you have any cats, they must be
removed from the house. Orchids are allergic to cats. Some dogs are okay,
others are not, but it's just as well to remove them all, in case the
orchids don't enjoy a different kind of bark."

You can't get that kind of humor without being a sleep-deprived
graduate student. You really can't. And that's a good thing.

No e-mail to the address in the header. It's a spam trap.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ

And all these years I thought the rule was if you grew Orchids
you had to have 2 cats minimum. I think well over 80% of the
orchid people I know have cats. Not necessarily free to tour the
gh or orchid room. They just have them sharing the house.

SuE
Old 01-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Wendy

Well? I have close to 200 Catts? *g*
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
: On 31 Jan 2004 17:57:46 -0700, (Aaron Hicks)
: wrote:
:
: K Barrett ) spaketh thusly:
:
: http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/albums.php

Old 02-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Rob Halgren

Al wrote:

I should have recognized orwell as you, but I was skimming quickly, because
I do have something like a life here.... I was pretty sure profpam must go
furthur back too.

Anyway, incase anybody missed this fact, rgo's 10th birthday is May 31st
2004. (It got brought home from the hospital on June 10, 1994 but it was
born on 5/31/1994)

Why how nice, that is my birthday too. Not my 10th, of course...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 02-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Rob Halgren

K Barrett wrote:

Well the spacing got fouled up, the side bars should read 'Send me seeds!
Will flask for food', 'Don't go to grad school', 'Future Starving PhD' and
my personal favorite 'Why yes, I am a molecular biologist.'

Haven't flasked in a while, but I'll still do it for food if the
food is good. I'll stand by my 'Don't go to grad school' statement
without further comment. Now I'm actually a real Ph.D. (not starving,
thank you), but I don't do much molecular biology. I do computational
biology/bioinformatics now.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:16 PM
K Barrett

I'll admit I had to do a google search on bioinformatics. Glad I did. The
world is much more complex than it was when I was in school. Glad I'm not
having to learn all that stuff! My hat's off to you who do/did.
K Barrett

Old 03-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Ray

It's all attitude, buddy.

I'm twice your age and am only an old fart on rare occasion....

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Kye" wrote in message
Thats my birthday as well..... Ill be an old fart at 26 that day :-{

Kye.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Kye

Al wrote:

I should have recognized orwell as you, but I was skimming quickly,

because
I do have something like a life here.... I was pretty sure profpam must

go
furthur back too.

Anyway, incase anybody missed this fact, rgo's 10th birthday is May 31st
2004. (It got brought home from the hospital on June 10, 1994 but it was
born on 5/31/1994)

Why how nice, that is my birthday too. Not my 10th, of course...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Updated Genus names and Hybrid names files Bob Betts Orchids 0 31-01-2006 04:34 PM
rgo history? J Fortuna Orchids 28 28-01-2004 10:13 PM
rgo history? 10 years! Rob Halgren Orchids 8 27-01-2004 10:47 PM
FAQ List - FAQ List - FAQ List cormaic United Kingdom 2 06-11-2003 05:37 PM
Vernacular names versus standardized common names [Was: botanical names of some Indian trees] P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 7 26-04-2003 01:30 PM