Old 31-01-2004, 10:50 PM
tbell

Default diseased paph

I've posted photos of a pitted Paph leaf on abpo, and would
appreciate help with it.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

Old 02-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Wendy

Tom, Say this three times over really fast.
A photo of a pitted paph I've posted, promptly on abpo. *g*
I have notice that there are no answers but mine & thought this
strange? Do you suppose that maybe your post isn't showing for
a lot of readers?

--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"tbell" wrote in message
: I've posted photos of a pitted Paph leaf on abpo, and would
: appreciate help with it.
: Tom
: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
: (To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)
:
:

Old 02-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

it's because he's using a MAC - the pictures are there, u just have to work
a bit harder to see them.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Ray

That may be true, but as it was a request for help rather than a "hey, check
out the floof" post, I opened them.

That still doesn't mean I know the answer, though...

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 02-02-2004, 01:02 PM
J Fortuna

(Posted this to ABPO first, but then thought that rgo would be better for
this)

Just found an interesting site for a "Plant Disease Clinic" that will
diagnose the problem if sent a plant tissue sample. It is unfortunately in
Florida, and for Florida residents only, but I wonder whether there is a
similar lab in California.
http://www.imok.ufl.edu/plant/clinic/index.htm

Just a thought.
Best,
Joanna

Old 02-02-2004, 01:37 PM
J Fortuna

Ok, in California here is some contact info for university researchers who
specialize in diagnosing plant diseases:
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/cl...ging/calif.htm
In my experience academics are odd ducks in that sometimes they will answer
an email sent by a total stranger out of the blue, and sometimes they won't,
but generally it doesn't hurt to try. You might contact them, asking whether
there is a plant diagrnostic clinic somewhere in your area, which could help
you diagnose a problem affecting an orchid plant.

Joanna

Old 02-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:59:23 -0800, "Wendy"
wrote:

Tom, Say this three times over really fast.
A photo of a pitted paph I've posted, promptly on abpo. *g*
I have notice that there are no answers but mine & thought this
strange? Do you suppose that maybe your post isn't showing for
a lot of readers?

I have seen paphs like that before; just never heard a reason for
the pits. Nor have I ever seen a preventive or cure for them.

I was hoping someone would come up with one, after all is not our
combined orchid growing experience and knowledge into the
thousands of years? G
SuE
Old 02-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Nor me... I'd like to but I see this sort of thing fairly often and it
doesn't seem to spread...

"Ray" wrote in message
That may be true, but as it was a request for help rather than a "hey,

check
out the floof" post, I opened them.

That still doesn't mean I know the answer, though...

. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 03-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Ray

My experience, exactly...

.. . . . . . . . . . .

"tbell" wrote in message
: I've posted photos of a pitted Paph leaf on abpo, and would
: appreciate help with it.
: Tom
: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
: (To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)
:
:

Paph. Psyche x Paph Macabre Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchid Photos 2 20-05-2008 09:27 PM
Paph Margaret Crandall(Paph Vanguard 'Knob Creek' X moquetteanum) v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2008 11:32 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
diseased leaf Tom Bell Orchids 1 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Diseased plant altered genetically? VoySager Gardening 8 13-02-2003 05:25 AM