Old 08-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Robert Arquette

Default looking for plants parents

We have a Dtps Ontario Velvet. Would anyone know of its parents?
Thanks Mimi

Old 08-02-2004, 08:14 PM
John DeGood

Visit

http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis...chidsearch.asp

enter "Ontario Velvet" in the "Grex:" field and click "search".

John

Old 08-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:39:28 -0500, Robert Arquette
wrote:

We have a Dtps Ontario Velvet. Would anyone know of its parents?
Thanks Mimi

Some of them: - It is a very complex cross. I have a 4 page
print out.

Dtps Ontario Velvet = Dtps Modern Beauty x King Shiang's Rose1996

Dtps Modern Beauty = Phal Abendrot x Dtps Happy Valentine 1987
Dtps Hing Shiang's Rose = Dtps King Shiang's Kide x King Shiang's
Coral 1992

Phal Abendrot = Phal Lippenzauber x Phal Lippstadt 1974
Dtps Happy Valentine = Phal Otohime x Dtps Odoriko 1983
Dtps King Shiang's Kide = Dtps Ta Bei Chou x Phal Paifang's
Sardonyx 1991
Dtps King Shiang's Coral = Dtps Ta Bei Chou x Phal Otohime 1991

Phal Lippenzauber = P. Doris Wells x P. Zada 1969
Phal Lippstadt = P. Doris Wells x P Lipperose 1971
P. Otohime = P. Grace Palm x P Raycraft 1973
Dtps Odoriko = Dtps Jason Beard x Phal Eva Lou 1980
Dtps Ta Bei Chou = Phal Abendrot x Dtps Chia Lin 1987
Phal Paifang's Sardonyz = P. Jean Marshall x P. Vicki Sue
Lockhart 1983

Phal Doris Wells = P. Doris x P Ruby Wells 1969
Phal Zada = Phal San Songer x Phal Doris 1958
Phal Lipperose = P Ruby Wells x P Zada 1968
Phal Grace Palm = P Doris x P Winged Victory 1950
Phal Raycraft = P Doris x P Aalsmeer Rose 1962
Dtps Jason Beard = Dtps Pueblo Jewel x P Mad Hatter 1972
Phal Eva Lou = P Suemid x P Redfan 1971
Dtps Chia Lin = Dtps James Hall x P Johanna 1982
Phal Jean Marshall = P Barbara Beard x P Frances Roberts 1974
Phal Vicki Sue Lockhart = P Ann Marie Beard x P Irene Van Alstyne
1970

That is 5 generations back You have to go another 3 to get an
species. This was a Phal hybrid until in 1964, when Phal Pink
Princess was crossed with Doritis pulcherrima.

The Phal crosses go back to the primary hybrids of the 1920's.
The Phal species you get are amabilis, amboinensis, aphrodite,
equestris, fasciata, lueddemanniana, rimestadiana, sanderiana,
schilleriana, stuartiana. And a few listed as unknown parents
back in the '40's.

SuE
Old 08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Reka

I decided to look this one up just to satisfy my own curiosity. I think my
curiosity is satisfied as far as Phal hybrids for a couple of decades now.
:-#
Just for fun, I mention that one Phal I came across in the course of this
search was "Phal Spica de Devil". Now that registrant had a sense of
humor...
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Robert Arquette" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

We have a Dtps Ontario Velvet. Would anyone know of its parents?
Thanks Mimi

---

Old 08-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Reka

"Reka" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I decided to look this one up just to satisfy my own curiosity. I think

my
curiosity is satisfied as far as Phal hybrids for a couple of decades now.
:-#
Just for fun, I mention that one Phal I came across in the course of this
search was "Phal Spica de Devil". Now that registrant had a sense of
humor...

;-)
And what would you get if you crossed Blc. Ethel Tucker x Blc. Nippon
Flag???
Blc. Nippon Tuck, of course!
--
Reka (who can never resist a bad pun - do good puns exist?)

Old 09-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Wendy

For a moment Reka, I thought you'd been sipping a little too much?*g*

--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Reka" wrote in message
: "Reka" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: ...
: I decided to look this one up just to satisfy my own curiosity. I think
: my
: curiosity is satisfied as far as Phal hybrids for a couple of decades
now.
: :-#
: Just for fun, I mention that one Phal I came across in the course of
this
: search was "Phal Spica de Devil". Now that registrant had a sense of
: humor...
:
: ;-)
: And what would you get if you crossed Blc. Ethel Tucker x Blc. Nippon
: Flag???
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: v
: Blc. Nippon Tuck, of course!
: --
: Reka (who can never resist a bad pun - do good puns exist?)
:
: I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
: Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
: http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
:
:
:
: ---
:
:

Old 09-02-2004, 02:36 AM
John DeGood

Reka wrote:
Just for fun, I mention that one Phal I came across in the course of this
search was "Phal Spica de Devil". Now that registrant had a sense of
humor...

Also just for fun, I searched the RHS database for the grex name "Noid"
and discovered that no genus has been so named to date. If I were to
someday register a cross, I think that is the name I'd submit! :-)

John
Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 AM
Reka

I suppose nobody has ever suggested you change your last name to BeGood
either... :-)
--

"John DeGood" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Reka wrote:
Just for fun, I mention that one Phal I came across in the course of

this
search was "Phal Spica de Devil". Now that registrant had a sense of
humor...

Also just for fun, I searched the RHS database for the grex name "Noid"
and discovered that no genus has been so named to date. If I were to
someday register a cross, I think that is the name I'd submit! :-)

John

---

Proud foster parents! Sally Thompson United Kingdom 2 20-04-2004 10:07 PM
plant parents Robert Arquette Orchids 0 08-02-2004 09:56 PM
plant parents Robert Arquette Orchids 0 08-02-2004 09:56 PM
looking for plants parents Robert Arquette Orchids 0 08-02-2004 07:15 PM
Question about parents! Claude Orchids 27 20-01-2004 01:07 AM