Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Kenni Judd

I have a great many "snowbird" customers. A few board their orchids while
they're away [expensive, plus we don't offer that service here]; a few still
just give them away; the majority have followed our advice and now leave
them for Mother Nature to babysit during the summers.

From the last: Although we do hear of an occasional "lost" plant [sometimes
dead, sometimes just plain missing], mostly the reports we get indicate that
the orchids faired far better without their human "caretakers" than when the
folks are there ...
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
Actually, I find that an occasional "hard dry" for most plants makes for
better growth long term. The exception, IMO, is seedlings, which don't yet
have the structure to store what they need for long periods of time.

Diana