Old 12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Wendy

Default Paphiopedalum Hybrid Question

I have a plant labeled Paph Eva Weigner x Paph Lady Isabel
Could someone who has access to Wildcatt please
check if this one has a new hybrid name?
Cheers Wendy
Old 12-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Wendy

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:08:23 -0400, Rob Halgren wrote:

Wendy wrote:

I have a plant labeled Paph Eva Weigner x Paph Lady Isabel
Could someone who has access to Wildcatt please
check if this one has a new hybrid name?
Cheers Wendy

Paph Robert Anderson. Registered in 1994 by Booth.

Rob

Why thank you Rob, I just knew you'd come through!
Now I can update my data base.
Cheers Wendy
Old 12-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Rob Halgren

Paph Robert Anderson. Registered in 1994 by Booth.

Rob

Why thank you Rob, I just knew you'd come through!
Now I can update my data base.
Cheers Wendy

No problem. Although I never mind looking things up, I heartily
support purchasing your own copy of Wildcatt - it is a good product and
the purveyors need to make some money too. Pretty inexpensive,
considering what you get.

http://www.wildcattdata.com/NewWeb/

Rob
2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )
Old 12-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Rob Halgren

Wendy wrote:

ob

Ok & thanks again Rob, also in case you're interested there are two
pics over on abpo. Cheers Wendy

People always say that... But I can't get abpo. The internet gods hate me!

*grin*

Old 13-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Wendy

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:01:57 -0500, Xi Wang wrote:

If you don't have Wildcatt, like myself, you can always look things up
on the RHS website. The data for Wildcatt is taken from there in the
first place. Grex and parentage search options are available.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis...s.asp?ID=99316

Cheers,
Xi

Wendy wrote:
I have a plant labeled Paph Eva Weigner x Paph Lady Isabel
Could someone who has access to Wildcatt please
check if this one has a new hybrid name?
Cheers Wendy

Thanks Xi, I tried it & came up with nothing? I see now
I had the epithets transposed.
Cheers Wendy

Old 13-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Rob Halgren

Wendy wrote:

Have you bugged the daylights out of your ISP? Get all your friends
to email asking for it & see what happens? (I bugged them every day!)
Cheers Wendy

My ISP is Michigan State University, and they couldn't care less about
what I think about almost anything... Good place to work, I'm not
complaining, but they can barely afford to keep the lights on these
days, much less muck about with adding and dropping newsgroups.

So, since it is free (to me!) and since it is fast (very fast - internet
II and soon something called the 'lambda-rail' - whatever that is), I
can't complain too loudly. Besides, I have a cyclotron to the right of
me, a really big telescope to the left, and a genome technology center
a few hundred feet to my back. If I complain too loudly I might get
beamed into space, or turned into a mutant hamster or something...
I can still grumble though... *grin*

Old 13-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Wendy

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:11:18 -0400, Rob Halgren wrote:

lambda-rail

Something for you to read in your spare time Rob,

http://chronicle.com/free/2004/06/2004060301n.htm

lambda-rail?
Mary had a little lamb,
With fleece like fibre optics
It followed her to University one day,
So she put it on the railway track
Only to see if it would come back?

Old 14-08-2004, 03:42 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:00:16 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

Paph Robert Anderson. Registered in 1994 by Booth.

Rob

Why thank you Rob, I just knew you'd come through!
Now I can update my data base.
Cheers Wendy

No problem. Although I never mind looking things up, I heartily
support purchasing your own copy of Wildcatt - it is a good product and
the purveyors need to make some money too. Pretty inexpensive,
considering what you get.

http://www.wildcattdata.com/NewWeb/

Rob

Rob -
Do you know the couple that write it? I have always wondered if
Tom H.... (lost it), from ISU was involved.

I am glad MU has good internet (other than ABPO) my community
college has horrid service. My DSL is faster than their T1. Oh
well we are only required to teach with it. Not make it work.
SuE
Old 16-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Rob Halgren

Rob -
Do you know the couple that write it? I have always wondered if
Tom H.... (lost it), from ISU was involved.

I think I know who you are talking about, and I'm pretty sure not.
Tom Hillson? I do know the names of the Wildcatt people, it just isn't
in the short term memory stack right now. The one who always answers my
e-mail is Helga.

Old 16-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:58:51 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

Rob -
Do you know the couple that write it? I have always wondered if
Tom H.... (lost it), from ISU was involved.

I think I know who you are talking about, and I'm pretty sure not.
Tom Hillson? I do know the names of the Wildcatt people, it just isn't
in the short term memory stack right now. The one who always answers my
e-mail is Helga.

Rob

Yes. Tom is the one I wondered about. He is the only ISU post I
see. I figured they had to be into Orchids as well as Databases
or they would not have tried to build it. Thanks for the
information.
SuE

Old 16-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Susan Erickson

wrote:

Rob -
Do you know the couple that write it? I have always wondered if
Tom H.... (lost it), from ISU was involved.

I think I know who you are talking about, and I'm pretty sure not.
Tom Hillson? I do know the names of the Wildcatt people, it just isn't
in the short term memory stack right now. The one who always answers my
e-mail is Helga.

Rob

Yes. Tom is the one I wondered about. He is the only ISU post I
see. I figured they had to be into Orchids as well as Databases
or they would not have tried to build it. Thanks for the
information.
SuE

Paphiopedalum Hybrid Question Wendy Orchids 6 14-08-2004 03:42 AM
Tomato plant question: Goliath Bush Hybrid Thomas Jacobs Gardening 0 05-03-2004 04:17 AM
Hybrid Perpetuals Shiva Roses 2 24-02-2003 04:15 AM
hybrid water lillies jammer Ponds 1 16-02-2003 05:03 AM
Mail order Hybrid-T's. Scopata Fuori Roses 0 03-02-2003 11:16 PM