Old 28-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Kenni Judd

Default OT - We're OK, Again

Hi, all: Jeanne was considerably stronger than Frances, and coming in
before we could even get the Frances damage repaired of course made it
worse. But for the most part, we are OK: humans and critters are all alive
and only slightly worse for wear; our home and office are livable and have
only minor damage. The shadehouse needs a LOT of work, but I don't think we
will lose more than a few orchids [those knocked around where the sidewall
breached and took out a few rods]. Our power came back on last night, along
with our cable. The landline phone and fax are still out, but BellSouth is
managing to forward my incoming phone calls to my mobile number. We will
not be shipping today but should be able to resume for next week. So, all in
all, I'm feeling very lucky.

I know that those north of us were much harder hit, I hope everyone is OK.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

Old 28-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:00:43 -0400, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

Hi, all: Jeanne was considerably stronger than Frances, and coming in
before we could even get the Frances damage repaired of course made it
worse. But for the most part, we are OK: humans and critters are all alive
and only slightly worse for wear; our home and office are livable and have
only minor damage. The shadehouse needs a LOT of work, but I don't think we
will lose more than a few orchids [those knocked around where the sidewall
breached and took out a few rods]. Our power came back on last night, along
with our cable. The landline phone and fax are still out, but BellSouth is
managing to forward my incoming phone calls to my mobile number. We will
not be shipping today but should be able to resume for next week. So, all in
all, I'm feeling very lucky.

I know that those north of us were much harder hit, I hope everyone is OK.

It is good to hear from you. Glad your all OK. You're the first
to surface.
SuE
Old 28-09-2004, 04:19 PM
wendy7

Good news Kenni, glad you are all ok. Haven't heard from anyone else
yet. Wondering about Southern Lady Diana?*g*
We have relatives scattered around Fla. (Oops! *g*) Have not
heard from any of them. Friends in Arcadia had part of their roof & also
airconditioner blown away!
Stay safe.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 28-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Dave Fouchey

Kenni this is a great relief to all of us I am sure, glad the damage
was minimal so to speak. More importantly you two and the critters are
doing ok.

Dave

Old 29-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Dave Gillingham

Kenni,
Glad you & yours came through safely.
I just visited your website - loved Diamond Girl. We have a
weimaraner too - she's 8 years old & still thinks she's a puppy. I
swear her brain cavity echoes when you pat her head. Do you find it
typical of the breed?

Old 29-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Kenni Judd

Diamond Girl is, we think, about the same age as yours. I'm convinced
she'll be a puppy until the day she dies. Kenni

----

Old 01-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Diana Kulaga

Here we are! Alive and kicking! What a mess, though. Frank and I have
joined the "blue roof" contingent, but it could be much worse.

More tomorrow; just got power back this afternoon.

A note: Kenni, glad you're okay. Odom's lost their huge Phal house, but
the Catts, etc are probably okay.

Diana

Old 02-10-2004, 01:30 AM
wendy7

It's great to know that you are safe & sound. Not sure what the "Blue Roof
contingent" is? Welcome back.

Old 02-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Dave Sheehy

wendy7 ) wrote:
: It's great to know that you are safe & sound. Not sure what the "Blue Roof
: contingent" is? Welcome back.

I suspect the "Blue Roof contingent" is also in the "Black Roof with little
white dots contingent" depending on the time of day. ;-)

Dave

: --

:

Old 02-10-2004, 02:30 AM
wendy7

Oh my, I was thinking blue as in sad? *g*
So it is roofless.
Thanks for explaining Dave.