Old 13-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Reka

Default Phal: spikes and roots

Okay, I know that we have discussed this before, but I am too lazy on a Saturday
morning to look in the archives.
When a Phal starts putting out new roots, does this mean it will not flower this
season? In other words, is the sequence spike, then roots, then leaf?? Or does
it matter?
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---

Old 13-11-2004, 12:58 PM
J Fortuna

Reka,
Some of my Phals have put out a new leaf, then lots of new roots, and then a
new spike -- so the reverse order from what you wrote. If I told them that
there is supposed to be a sequence to it, and that they are doing it in the
opposite order, I wouldn't be too surprised if they laughed at me.
Joanna

Old 13-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Mike

My phal started growing two new roots about 3 weeks ago, and today I
spotted a new spike. I don't think there's an order to it.

http://www.usenet.com

Old 14-11-2004, 12:00 AM
J Fortuna

Mike,
Are you the same Mike who was wondering a while ago why his Phal won't
spike? If so, I guess it did. :-) Unless it is a different Phal, but if you
are the same Mike, you have only one Phal, unless you took our advice, and
bought more. ;-)
Anyway, congrats on the spike! (even if different Mike or different Phal)
Joanna

Old 14-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Mike

Joanna,

Yes, it's the same Mike as before. I just saw the little node emerging
from above a leaf today. I was so happy because I knew it had to be a
spike and not a root this time. It is the same phal plant, too.

Please see my thread "My phalaenopsis is producing a spike (i think)".

Mike

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:00:15 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Mike,
Are you the same Mike who was wondering a while ago why his Phal won't
spike? If so, I guess it did. :-) Unless it is a different Phal, but if you
are the same Mike, you have only one Phal, unless you took our advice, and
bought more. ;-)
Anyway, congrats on the spike! (even if different Mike or different Phal)
Joanna

.. .

Phal spikes failing Byron Orchids 1 26-04-2006 10:35 PM
Roots instead of spikes... dd Orchids 11 13-09-2004 02:14 PM
Phal spikes question Daniel Orchids 9 22-01-2004 06:30 PM
Q phal bud spikes Sarah Huff Orchids 1 11-01-2004 03:04 AM
phal cornu-cervi (Don't cut the spikes!) Ray Lloyd Orchids 1 01-10-2003 06:22 AM