Old 14-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Shell

Default Orchids and Leaf Shine

Will it hurt to clean up my orchids with a little leaf shine? Several are
in desperate need of a cleaning and I have a small bottle of leaf shine I
got for my Pothos ivy.

Shell

---

Old 14-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Richard Cline

In article , "Shell"
wrote:

Our local orchid grower recommended that leaf shine be restored by using
a paper towel moistened with milk. There is lots of orchid information
at www.sborchid.com

Dick

Old 15-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Shell

But wouldn't the milk sour if you accidently got too much on the plant and
couldn't get it all blotted up? I've read this happens sometimes.

Shell

Old 20-11-2004, 10:50 PM
John DeGood

Shell wrote:
Will it hurt to clean up my orchids with a little leaf shine?

My orchid society discourages its use because the resultant shiny leaves
look "fake". They also believe that some judges do not look favorably
on plants treated with the stuff.

A subtle sheen can be obtained with milk if one wipes the leaves dry
after application, otherwise a sticky residue and odor can result.
Lemon juice cleans without imparting additional sheen.

John

Old 20-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Ray

John,

That is precisely why I developed Rise & Shine. Works great, doesn't look
fake, and it's a good insecticide besides.

http://www.firstrays.com/RiseandShine.htm

..
"John DeGood" wrote in message
news
Shell wrote:
Will it hurt to clean up my orchids with a little leaf shine?

My orchid society discourages its use because the resultant shiny leaves
look "fake". They also believe that some judges do not look favorably on
plants treated with the stuff.

A subtle sheen can be obtained with milk if one wipes the leaves dry after
application, otherwise a sticky residue and odor can result. Lemon juice
cleans without imparting additional sheen.

John

Any suggestions on home made house plant leaf shine? tom United Kingdom 11 21-02-2011 06:56 PM
Raymond Weil Shine Watch [email protected] Texas 0 21-05-2009 03:52 AM
leaf shine scullycat Gardening 7 28-05-2005 07:21 PM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
leaf shine scullycat Gardening 3 01-09-2004 10:51 PM