Old 25-11-2004, 10:38 AM
dusty

Default My son's trip to Hawaii 'Orchids bought'

First thanks to everyone who gave us places to buy however do your kids
listen? Mine still doesn't I gave him the list and told him not to buy all
in one place.
Did he go to anyone on the list?
Did he not spend all the money in one place?

I figure everyone know the answer so here's where he went and what he got.
Sorry no pictues they are all still in bud, pic after the holidays.

place;
Akatsuka Orchid Gardens
What he bought;
Burr. Kilauea 'Volcano Queen'
Burr. Nelly Laier 'Swiss Beauty'
Brada. Orange Delight 'Starbek'
Onc. Sherry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance' (The chocolate got him)
Blc. Toshi Aoki 'Pokai' X Pot. Love Call

I think he did pretty good considering he knows nothing about orchids
More later when the buds open.

Dusty
Old 26-11-2004, 02:57 AM
J Fortuna

Burr,

Dusty has been down this path already about two weeks ago. I think he
threatened Mick that he would post more pics here just to see whether Mick's
cork would pop -- is I recall correctly.

But I do hope that he won't do that, since there really are legitimate
reasons for why this group is supposed to be text only. There really are
people who still do download this group using slow modems, and not everyone
can or knows how to avoid downloading large posts.

That said, dusty, I very much look forward to seeing the pictures either on
abpo or as links to Web pages. I have been hesitating about possibly getting
a Burr Nelly Isler as well, but I fear that I may not have enough light,
still it is very tempting.

Best,
Joanna

wrote in message
Hmmm, those Burr ones sound nice, hmm. Um be careful if you mean
your gonna post pics in "here." You might want to read some of the
phal. conversations posted - watch out for the pit bull (very rude).
Burr

Old 26-11-2004, 07:27 AM
Reka

Joanna,

My FIL has a Burr Nelly Isler and it blooms in a NE window for him. Not
optimal, but it blooms (maybe eight flowers/spike?).
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Old 01-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Dave Sheehy

J Fortuna ) wrote:
: That said, dusty, I very much look forward to seeing the pictures either on
: abpo or as links to Web pages. I have been hesitating about possibly getting
: a Burr Nelly Isler as well, but I fear that I may not have enough light,
: still it is very tempting.

My Burr 'Stephan Isler' that I previously posted about just opened its first
bud on a six bud spike. If you recall it grows in a north window with no
supplemental light.

Dave