Old 19-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Diana Kulaga

Well, Joanna, I understood the French, I'm happy to say! I wish I could
pronounce the Polish. Frank does not speak Polish, but he grew up in a
family where it was spoken, and I would love to surprise him. I'm going to
work on it, but all those consonants, and so few vowels!

And Sue, you are right about rgo. Yes, let's keep it going, just like that
'bouncing ball'.

Diana

Old 19-12-2004, 11:43 PM
J Fortuna

Diana,
Just to help you out a bit with the lack of vowels problem: think of "j" and
"y" as vowels, too, when attempting to pronounce Polish. :-)
Joanna

k.net...

Old 20-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Galeottia

I too would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

In case of anybody out there speaks scandinavian:

Rigtig Glædelig Jul og Godt Nytår!

- And then I would like to thank everybody for being so ready to share their
knowledge.
It is really a pleasure to come here and read about other people's orchids
and to realize, that many of us share the same problems.
I look forward to spending more time here.

Karen

"keith ;-)" skrev i en meddelelse
news:1103410685.b3d3ffb7a00b6f8bd348b6a283c8e0d9@t eranews...
I would like to wish everyone a Happy Christmas & New Year,and to say how
much I enjoy this newsgroup & advise/interaction with everyone!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 20-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:07:42 +0100, "Galeottia"
wrote:

I too would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

In case of anybody out there speaks scandinavian:

Rigtig Gl?delig Jul og Godt Nyt?r!

- And then I would like to thank everybody for being so ready to share their
knowledge.
It is really a pleasure to come here and read about other people's orchids
and to realize, that many of us share the same problems.
I look forward to spending more time here.

Karen

Karen, God Jul is as far as I got in my Swedish lessons.

SuE

Old 20-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Reka

J Fortuna wrote:

Anyway, Polish is my native language, then I relocated to Austria (hence the
German) before coming to the US, and my mother lives in France. I could have
attempted Italian (for Reka), but since she lives close to the Austrian
border, I figured German would be ok since my Italian is limited to tourist
phrases, such as the essential "Prego uno gelato." (An ice-cream please.)

In Italian it is "Buon Natale ed un felice anno nuovo!", but you are
right, we speak German here in the North! :-)

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Rediscover the Web!
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

They're free!
Old 20-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Galeottia

Thank you, Susan!
So, you have been taking Swedish lessons? Or perhaps you are of Swedish
ancestry?
I'm half American (my father was born in New York)
Merry Christmas!

Best,
Karen

Old 20-12-2004, 02:12 PM
J Fortuna

Reka,
I understand Italian well enough to know that there was no mention of
orchids in your translation, "Happy New Year". :-)
Joanna

Old 20-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:16:31 +0100, "Galeottia"
wrote:

Thank you, Susan!
So, you have been taking Swedish lessons? Or perhaps you are of Swedish
ancestry?
I'm half American (my father was born in New York)
Merry Christmas!

Best,
Karen

John is Swedish. We were going to visit his relatives. It was
almost 30 years ago. Now it is just the touches that say we feel
connected to the lore. Maybe when I retire we will take time for
more.

SuE

Old 20-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Reka

J Fortuna wrote:
Reka,
I understand Italian well enough to know that there was no mention of
orchids in your translation, "Happy New Year". :-)
Joanna

Well EXCUSE ME!! I simply forgot it.
"Buon natale e tante orchidee nell'anno nuovo!"

Old 20-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Reka

J Fortuna wrote:
Reka,
I understand Italian well enough to know that there was no mention of
orchids in your translation, "Happy New Year". :-)
Joanna

Well EXCUSE ME!! I simply forgot it.
"Buon natale e tante orchidee nell'anno nuovo!"

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Rediscover the Web!
http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

They're free!

Merry Christmas everyone Rick Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 26-12-2004 12:13 AM
OT Merry Christmas Shell Orchids 0 21-12-2003 06:42 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy new Year Theo Bonsai 0 19-12-2003 05:43 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Mike K Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Allegra Roses 0 23-01-2003 08:22 AM