Old 08-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Pat Brennan

Default Battle Cry

In a business were shows are considered wars and plants are openly referred
to as bullets, our deployment has begun. Pittsburgh's exhibit is in
process. New York's plants are cleaned, staked, and ready to go in on
Sunday. No exhibit for the Cincy Flower Show this year, so I almost have a
full 24 hours between returning from New York and heading out again.

If you are anywhere near NYC, do not miss next weeks show at the Roc Center.
Not only are the displays outstanding, but this years sales area should be
something.

Suiting up and signing out,
Pat

Old 08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
K Barrett

I understand the society putting on the GNYOS spends better than $500,000.00
decking the Rockefeller Center. That would be a show to see. Eric Hunt is
going this year, I hope he'll take pictures of the hall in addition to the
wonderful flowers there! Iguess I'll have to live vicariously through his
pictures.

K Barrett

Old 08-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Eric Hunt

Kathy,

Yes, I will be there this time next week.

I'm afraid of the crowding - I've heard it's really bad. Anyone else out
there been to the show since it's been at Rockefeller?

You can count on a full photo compliment in the weeks after I return. =)

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 09-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Susan Erickson

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I understand the society putting on the GNYOS spends better than
$500,000.00
decking the Rockefeller Center. That would be a show to see. Eric Hunt
is
going this year, I hope he'll take pictures of the hall in addition to the
wonderful flowers there! Iguess I'll have to live vicariously through his
pictures.

Like Kathy I will be waiting. Can not see myself ever making
that one.

SuE
Old 09-04-2005, 04:37 PM
K Barrett

Don't they allow some time for photographers? Maybe during ribbon judging?
I think if you email Glen Decker he can advise you if there's time set
aside.

K Barrett

Old 10-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Eric Hunt

Kathy,

Hmm. Maybe next time. I land at Kennedy while they are having their opening
banquet - a la Preview Night for POE.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 11-04-2005, 05:52 PM
OrchidKitty

If you are anywhere near NYC, do not miss next weeks show at the Roc

Center.
Not only are the displays outstanding, but this years sales area

should be
something.

I'm going for the first time. I'm driving to CT and then taking the
train in. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to bring any plants back,
though. Well, maybe just a little one...

Don't know whether to laugh or cry! DavePoole Torquay United Kingdom 15 26-06-2006 09:54 PM
do frogs cry at night? (j) kilroy bass Ponds 12 12-06-2004 06:04 PM
I wanted to cry this A.M. Lori Ponds 2 08-07-2003 01:08 PM
Wal-Mart plants make me cry Judy and Dave G Gardening 9 06-05-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] pathetic off-topic cry for help Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 0 05-03-2003 04:27 PM