Old 15-05-2004, 08:08 PM
swim learning

Default tree identification help

Please identify the two trees/shrubs whose photo webpages are posted
here. The photos were taken mid-May around a library and an apartment
complex in northern New Jersey.

Tree 1, five photos. My guess is chokecherry, however the trunk does
not look like the one saw in the book:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...43.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...f2.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...f2.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...d4.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...&.dnm=dc6d.jpg

Tree 2, four photos. May be serviceberry?

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...6d.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...85.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...4a.jpg&.src=ph

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sha...52.jpg&.src=ph
Old 16-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Scott Ranger

I concur with Mel's identifications: #1 is definitely cherry and I agree
that it is black cherry, Prunus serotina; #2 is absolutely one of the
shrubby lonicera's I don't know which one.
Scott

Old 18-05-2004, 05:11 PM
swim learning

Thanks Scott and Mel. Along with Black Locust, these two plants seem
to be the most noticable with pleasing white flowers in early to
mid-May in New Jersey along major roads.