Old 22-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Fed Up!

I think I am going to call it quits with my big pond.
I already told you all about the trouble with the strays around here eating
my fish.
I went out today and cut my back yard. Its beautiful here after nothing but
rain the last two weeks. I was go work on my big pond and clean it out and
start the pump back up.
I had shut it all down before Christmas after the dogs ate all my fish the
last time.
When I was walking back there it looked funny. We got so much rain I guess
the rain washed under the liner and has lifted the thing way up. Its near
about to the top with water all underneath it. I reached in it to try and
pull the pump close to me to pull it out and I got little baby shubinkins
and saracess that i guess them dogs didn't see. I can't believe they lived
through the winter without the pump going. I scooped about 9 out and put
over in my midget pond, but its go get to crowded over there.
I don't know what the heck to do with this mess I got out here now.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 23-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Today I scooped out more little fish and now my midget pond is over filling
with fish.
I called everyone I know that has ponds to see if they could get some of
these fish and everyone has enough fish.
The last two days I have been in the bigger pond pulling out parrots feather
that has taken over and dragging the water. A little while ago I was pulling
out more and I got a dnag snake in there!!!!!!
Now I'm to darn scare to get near the thing.
Priss

Old 28-03-2003, 08:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
snip
When I was walking back there it looked funny. We got so much rain I guess
the rain washed under the liner and has lifted the thing way up. Its near
about to the top with water all underneath it.

snip

I worry about this in the new pond I am installing. I am contemplating
laying a small piece of PVC in the bottom of the hole under the liner, and
let it run under the liner up and out the edge of the pond, so if water gets
under the liner, it would have an escape route.

Any thoughts from the group?

BV.

Old 29-03-2003, 01:56 AM
RichToyBox

BV,

Did water stay in the hole all winter? If not, then you have adequate
subsurface drainage to control the floating liner. If you did, then I think
I would add the pipe as a just in case. Won't cost much. One or two
lengths of pipe and an elbow.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...

Old 31-03-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
BV,

Did water stay in the hole all winter? If not, then you have adequate
subsurface drainage to control the floating liner. If you did, then I

think
I would add the pipe as a just in case. Won't cost much. One or two
lengths of pipe and an elbow.

First, let me say I am a jack-arse...I didn't remember I posted this
question already, and in a follow up to another thread, I posted it this
morning, again. Sorry group.

The water has not stayed in the hole all winter, but after a rain fall, it
will stay for a few days. And by few I mean more then 1, but less then x, as
I have not measured.

I figured for the cost of the pipe, it would be a nice insurance policy, and
I don't see how it could be a detriment.

BV.