Old 13-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Ron G

Default Neighborhood Animals and an outdoor pond?

Hi---

I am thinking of making an outdoor pond, including goldfish.

But the neighborhood is loaded with free-running cats, plus racoons and
possums.

What do people with ponds do in that circumstance?

Is a pond even possible, with goldfish and all?

I just don't want the fish to end up handy neighborhood "food"

Any suggestions? I do really want to make a nice backyard pond!!

Thanks on advance :-)

Ron---

---

Old 13-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Oxymel of Squill

I've not had any probs. If the flagstones overhang the pond by an inch or so
and are 3 or 4 ins above water level I imagine it's pretty difficult for a
cat to go fishing. I know I have cats (or foxes) as I occasionally find half
a pigeon on the grass in the middle of a mattress' worth of feathers!

Probably more danger from herons. My pond is under trees (where they tell
you not to put it because of leaves) which makes it difficult to dive.
(Cross fingers)

Jon