Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-07-2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Had to disduckweed my barrels and summer ponds several times..

Hi all..

Well was still asked to display my actual TFA_thread here,
too..! ;-)

***
This year seem to be a duckweed year. This morning I removed
3.200 gr. of wet duckweed and one week ago I had to remove
3.700 gr...!

The water flies multiply well, no disturbing mosquitos - but
a lot of duckweed..!

Well one of our neighbours keeps water turtles from the U.S.
and several goldfish..

Both love to eat duckweed..

Especially his turtles - what we
call "Rotwangenschmuckschildkroete" (means as much as "Red
Cheek Turtle") are big duckweed eaters..

What are your experiences with duckweed this year..?

Thanks.
***
--
cu