Old 12-08-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Added DIY bead filter

Didn't get real close with the camera cause everything ugly is out in
the open at the moment. The wood construction (PT lawn timbers with
EPDM liner) was about 10 years old and leaking. While I was adding
the bead filter I also changed the lawn timber frame for retaining
wall stones. I dug down below the stone level about a foot to add
water and that tank/pond section came out at 200 gallons making the
total gallons of the pond now about 1400. In June I removed the
goldfish except 4 black one's I couldn't catch and now have only long
fin koi. Fish pictures later.
Regards,
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Old 13-08-2007, 09:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hal, it looks really great, and I really enjoyed the video. I would love to
take a walk in your yard anytime. ~ jan

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:36:45 CST, Hal wrote:

Didn't get real close with the camera cause everything ugly is out in
the open at the moment. The wood construction (PT lawn timbers with
EPDM liner) was about 10 years old and leaking. While I was adding
the bead filter I also changed the lawn timber frame for retaining
wall stones. I dug down below the stone level about a foot to add
water and that tank/pond section came out at 200 gallons making the
total gallons of the pond now about 1400. In June I removed the
goldfish except 4 black one's I couldn't catch and now have only long
fin koi. Fish pictures later.
Regards,

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 13-08-2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 02:32:46 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Hal, it looks really great, and I really enjoyed the video. I would love to
take a walk in your yard anytime. ~ jan

Thanks! The video was before I thinned the herd, but for some reason
yesterday's attempts at videoing the koi didn't go well. The lily
pads turned red in the video. Still shots were normal, but I can't
imagine what caused the color problem unless the automatic camera was
focusing on the black pond liner. I'll try again at a different time
of day when I get around to it.
Regards,
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8