Old 21-07-2008, 04:39 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Some pics of my Pond

Hello all,

I have been a frequent lurker for years and rarely ever post but I
thought I would share a few pics of my pond.
Right now its overcrowded with water lettuce but it's ok because I
live in the Phoenix area and its extremely hot so this helps a lot to
keep the water cool. otherwise the water temp is about 90 :-(
The first few pics were of the pond in 2005 and I only had a few fish
and some anacharis. Since then I have dug it out to make it bigger and
have 20 + fish. all types of goldfish and a few Koi.
I have been waiting till it cools down again and I'm going to redesign
again. I have a new pump and a submersible light to install and I'm
going to make my own skimmer and hopefully be able to install a bottom
drain.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chris.holub/MyPond

Cheers,
Chris

Old 21-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered User

Hi

We have a very large pond and also have the overcrowding of the water lettuce and also what we call duck weed which when the lightening struck our pond a week ago grew like made in a couple of days, we have fish in ours of varying types and try to keep ours looking very natural around the edge to encourage wildlife.

Kathryn

www.carreglefn-nurseries.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post

Old 21-07-2008, 02:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Nice pond and thanks for the pics. I like the lilies especially.

Jim

Old 21-07-2008, 04:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Dude wrote:
Hello all,

snippy

Very nice. Beautiful lilly. Thanks
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 21-07-2008, 08:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

That is really lovely! I have a thing for rocks and very much like how
yours look. I didn't realize that picasa had a picture site - it is a truly
wonderful bit of freeware. So glad you posted. Donna

Old 21-07-2008, 11:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:39:13 EDT, Dude wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/chris.holub/MyPond
Cheers,
Chris

Very nice pond, and very pretty fancy tail goldfish. Do you know the name
of your pink lily? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 22-07-2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Very nice pond, and very pretty fancy tail goldfish. Do you know the name
of your pink lily? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

Hi Jan,

Sorry I dont remember the name of it. I know I bought it at Walmart of
all places :-)
They sometimes have a box with like 3 or 4 pond plants in it and
that's where it came from.

Cheers,
Chris

Old 22-07-2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Jul 21, 12:23 pm, "D Kat" wrote:
That is really lovely! I have a thing for rocks and very much like how
yours look. I didn't realize that picasa had a picture site - it is a

truly
wonderful bit of freeware. So glad you posted. Donna

Hi Donna,

Yeah I would like to get some more of those stones but I have been
having a hard time finding anything that matches.
The great thing about Picasa is the size they give you is huge and the
Picasa client you install on your computer makes it super easy to
upload to your assigned web space.

Have fun,
Chris

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Some pond pics Rodney Pont Ponds 5 06-07-2004 10:03 PM
some pics of my pond & yard Mike Patterson Ponds 3 10-06-2004 05:12 AM
some pics of my pond & yard Mike Patterson Ponds 0 09-06-2004 02:09 PM
some pics of my pond & yard Mike Patterson Ponds 1 08-06-2004 04:56 PM