Old 28-08-2008, 07:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default whats going on with newsgroup

everything has been removed except 1 message. Ingrid

Old 28-08-2008, 07:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:17:46 EDT, wrote:

everything has been removed except 1 message. Ingrid

The length of time of retention of various articles depends on your
newsfeed, not the newsgroup.

Old 29-08-2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

wrote:
everything has been removed except 1 message. Ingrid

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...opics?lnk=iggc
try this if your server has wiped you out (assuming you didn't
accidentally set your options to hide read messages). Donna

Old 29-08-2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:17:46 EDT, wrote:

everything has been removed except 1 message. Ingrid

The length of time of retention of various articles depends on your
newsfeed, not the newsgroup.

Check the settings in your newsreader on delete after....
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 29-08-2008, 07:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Pete C" wrote ...
Galen Hekhuis wrote:
wrote:
everything has been removed except 1 message. Ingrid

The length of time of retention of various articles depends on your
newsfeed, not the newsgroup.

Check the settings in your newsreader on delete after....

I can still see the old in this group just fine.

So, I'd tend to accept what Pete, Galen and dkat
are pointing towards.

Old 30-08-2008, 05:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

this is the first message I can see. I dont remember changing anything in Agent. My
newsfeed is reader.greatnowhere.com. Please help me by sending responses to

Ingrid

Old 01-09-2008, 03:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Mynewsfeed is reader.greatnowhere.com.

until recently their retention rate has been great, and, they are FREE.
apparently roadrunner just stopped providing newsgroup access. they didnt drop their
price, of course. Before that they didnt have this group which is why I signed up
with greatnowhere. but now it looks like I will have to download every day or just
miss posts, or, I have to get a better free provider or pay.

anybody got a better free provider with better retention? Ingrid

Old 01-09-2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Not free but $7 a year and excellent retention is news.individual.net.
It tends to be the one everyone uses that needs independent usenet
access.
http://news.individual.net/

Just checked and they give their retention times at
http://news.individual.net/hierarchies.php and for the rec.* hierarchy
which includes this group its 79 days but is not less than 65 days for
any group.

--
Tony

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 01-09-2008, 03:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Did you try the one I sent you?

news.readfreenews.net

wrote in message
. com...
Mynewsfeed is reader.greatnowhere.com.

until recently their retention rate has been great, and, they are FREE.
apparently roadrunner just stopped providing newsgroup access. they didnt
drop their
price, of course. Before that they didnt have this group which is why I
signed up
with greatnowhere. but now it looks like I will have to download every
day or just
miss posts, or, I have to get a better free provider or pay.

anybody got a better free provider with better retention? Ingrid

Rate This Thread: