Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Water Flow in the Winter

I spent some time earlier today trimming back spent lily pads and getting
things cleaned up for fall. I have a 3,000 gph pump that I leave running all
winter through my biofalls filter. Live in central Arkansas where the
winters can get cold but the pond rarely freezes all the way over. I was
thinking about switching to a lower flow water pump for the winter season to
save a little money and avoid super chilling the water on those coldest
days. The main purpose for me running water through the winter would be to
keep the bacteria alive in the filter and prevent the filter basin from
freezing solid and cracking, right? Does anyone do this? Got any suggestions
for me?

TIA

JB

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Water flow rate let's try it again Chagoi Ponds 2 27-10-2004 10:17 PM
Water flow rate RichToyBox Ponds 2 27-10-2004 05:27 PM
How does water flow? BenignVanilla Ponds 10 07-08-2003 02:09 AM
Water flow within filters? David Larson Ponds 8 31-05-2003 03:08 AM
How to make water flow uphill. John Hines Ponds 5 24-05-2003 04:56 PM