Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default 3/8/09 Time Change

Spring ahead tomorrow morning. 3/8/09

Hope someone informs the weather.

Windy, sunny, but cool here. Crocus are coming up, purples have arrived.
Neighbor's maple is showing first signs of life (so glad we don't have one
any more and his is down wind from us). Several years ago yesterday I
actually started the sprinklers! Not this year! Nice rain just the other
day and may get more tonight.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods, any signs of spring coming?
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 08-03-2009, 02:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nan Nan is offline

On Mar 7, 4:54 pm, ~ jan wrote:
Spring ahead tomorrow morning. 3/8/09

Hope someone informs the weather.

Windy, sunny, but cool here. Crocus are coming up, purples have arrived.
Neighbor's maple is showing first signs of life (so glad we don't have on

any more and his is down wind from us). Several years ago yesterday I
actually started the sprinklers! Not this year! Nice rain just the other
day and may get more tonight.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods, any signs of spring coming?
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

One of the best signs - the snow from our blizzard 9 inches is GONE!!
Yay!! And the daffodils are up and bloomed overnight!! And I hear the
birds singing spring songs!! And DH has 2 tomatoes poking their heads
up in the solarium room.
All great harbingers of spring!!!
Nan in DE

Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

~ jan wrote:
Spring ahead tomorrow morning. 3/8/09

Hope someone informs the weather.

Windy, sunny, but cool here. Crocus are coming up, purples have arrived.
Neighbor's maple is showing first signs of life (so glad we don't have one
any more and his is down wind from us). Several years ago yesterday I
actually started the sprinklers! Not this year! Nice rain just the other
day and may get more tonight.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods, any signs of spring coming?

A much different story on the western side of the state. Snow and hail,
with more expected later this week. It shouldn't be enough to freeze
our pond again, but I worry about damage to early bloomers that may have
though the winter was over.

Justin H.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

~ jan wrote:
How's the weather in your neck of the woods, any signs of spring coming?

A much different story on the western side of the state. Snow and hail,
with more expected later this week. It shouldn't be enough to freeze
our pond again, but I worry about damage to early bloomers that may have
though the winter was over.
Justin H.

We had really odd weather this year, it can be up to 44F and snow falling!
Happened again today. Doesn't stick, but looks cool falling. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 10-03-2009, 11:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Here in Arkansas we've had 4 consecutive days in the high 70s and above.
Sunday it got to 84, a new record. High tomorrow is supposed to be 44 and
then drop down into the 30s through the weekend. Yes jan, it is really odd
weather. My fish are really active during this period and my water is
turning green! sigh
JB

Old 14-03-2009, 05:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:30:53 EDT, "JB" wrote:

Here in Arkansas we've had 4 consecutive days in the high 70s and above.
Sunday it got to 84, a new record. High tomorrow is supposed to be 44 and
then drop down into the 30s through the weekend. Yes jan, it is really odd
weather. My fish are really active during this period and my water is
turning green! sigh
JB

You said the the G word. gasp!

Winter just seems to be hanging on to us. I turned over my yearly note
keeping calendar to March. So far we've past the dates that I've turned on
sprinklers and had frogs come... or for that matter that I've at least
taken the cover off the lily pond. This year I've only been out there to
check the cover to make sure it hasn't drooped into the water.

We're suppose to warm up this next week. Strike that, we were. I just
checked again and now they've cool it off till later in the week.s Cloudy
and cool today, with showers coming. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: